Translate

Sunday 15 April 2012

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- Random Thoughts/Events for This Week (Apr. 8-Apr. 14)

So... here's another blog with random thoughts and events that happened this week. Just like the last time I blogged in this way, my mind is just scattered, slightly overwhelmed, and probably a bit more stressed. Even when I'm home, sometimes I just don't feel like I should relax -- I feel I should be doing other things... staying "productive", lol... but we'll get to that later.

Events this week:
Dinner Buffet with Co-workers Plus Movie
Even though I'm so quiet and not very social at work, I still went to this outing. And I had a very good time.

We watched 21 Jump Street, and that was hilarious and awesome. I always wanted to watch it -- mainly to see Channing Tatum. Haha! I've been an on-and-off fan of his ever since I saw him in Step Up. The character he plays in Step Up is just so... hot and dreamy, haha. The character Channing Tatum plays in 21 Jump Street is quite cool, too.

Japanese PSN Yen card #2 came
So about a month ago, I ordered another Japanese PSN Yen card from Yesasia.com. It arrived this week and I used it up just as quickly as the last time. And yes, I spent it all on buying DLC for iDOLM@STER 2. And there are still more items I want to get. So far, I've spent about $300 CAD total on DLC for iDOLM@STER 2... Here's a video of one of the songs and costume sets I bought (the outfit is sooo cute and neat):


Got My Hair Coloured and Cut Professionally
Can you believe that this was my first time getting my hair cut professionally? Well, it was! I was pretty nervous, unsure of the normal process that goes on when getting a haircut. I figured that since this would be my first time, I might as well go all-out and get my hair coloured as well. I was very excited!

For many years, I've wanted to colour my hair dark purple. I have black hair, but I didn't care about my hair actually looking purple -- I wanted my hair to look black, but then have a purple shine when the sun hits it.

When the hairstylist came to speak to me about what colour I wanted, she brought with her a folder with different hair colours. I looked at the colours and pointed at the only purple one I saw, which was really bright. Then I told her that I wanted purple but still have my hair black. I'm not sure if she understood exactly what I wanted (English was not her first language). She told me that in order to get that colour, I would need to start with a lighter base colour. Then we went back and forth for a while, me saying that I wanted a purple shine but not minding my hair looking black. In the end, she said she could do it, but would have to apply it more than once, hinting that it would cost more for me to get my hair coloured that way. So I settled with a dark red colour.

It was a long process overall. A bit over 2 hours. My first impressions? Man, does it hurt! My hair must have been so tangled before getting to the appointment. The total (hair colouring and cutting) came out to $160. Is that too much? I have chest-length hair. I met up with a friend afterwards and she told me that it cost her about $100 for colouring and cutting. She has shoulder-length hair.

I'm not posting up any pictures of my new style until I feel more comfortable with it. I'm just trying to get used to the bangs now -- haven't had bangs since I was in Grade 5 (many, many, many years ago).


Okay, I'll switch to my thoughts this week. Well, there's only one thought I'm willing to share. My other thoughts this week... are quite personal and too revealing, lol.


My Thoughts on:

Productivity vs. Free Time
For the past weeks, I've been having trouble sleeping. And I think it's because I'm stressed out. Partially from work, but more from feeling uneasy. Now that I'll be starting a course for work, I feel like I'm back in school. I don't particularly enjoy that feeling, even though I like to learn.

During my years in high school and University, I always had a nagging, guilty feeling whenever I played video games, goofed off, or just did something (at home) that wasn't studying. Even though I played lots of video games and watched a lot of anime during those years, that guilty feeling would make the activities sometimes less enjoyable -- because I know I should be doing something else. Sometimes, I'd put off playing some games to avoid that nagging, guilty feeling.

And now... that feeling is back!... Somewhat. And I don't like it. I want to be able to play my video games and watch my anime, truly relaxed... without anything in the back of my mind saying "You should be doing this instead..." It sucks, lol...

Okay, I stop here... I'm too sleepy to continue further, lol.


Thanks for reading! I apologize if this blog seems scattered. Tomorrow is a very busy day for me, so I decided to blog now, even though I'm nodding off every now and then. Haha... my apologies again.

I hope you all have a good week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment