Translate

Sunday 2 September 2012

BLOG -- Me and My New Year's Resolution (Progress Update)

I'm still taking it easy this week from Fan Expo, so I'm blogging about something simple to me: my progress with my New Year's Resolution.

In my blog on New Year's, I listed my New Year's Resolutions for 2012. Well, here they are again:

New Year's Resolution
Here are some things I'm hoping to achieve/do in 2012:
- Get more in shape
- Clean my room (it was cleaner at some point -- then it got messy again ><)
- Mature more, but without losing ideals and beliefs that are important to me
- Save money (ideally to take a trip to Japan and see the cherry blossoms fall -- man, I so want to see that!)
- Save money/work out some monthly budget
- Balance the amount of stuff I have (I have too much stuff right now)
- Learn more Python (programming language)
- Create a game with my newly learned knowledge of Python
- Learn more Japanese
- Continue going to life-drawing sessions regularly (when the Winter season is over)
- Watch a play (if there's anything good playing)
- Watch a musical (if there's anything good playing)
- Write a story (script, short story, novel, whatever)
- Read a book (manga doesn't count, lol)
- Stay connected with my friends in one form or another
- Beat at least 12 video games that I physically own (is that too much? I wonder)

Yeah... it's a long list. I tend to be over-ambitious when it comes to what I want to do. I just want to do everything! If I could, I'd be a "Jill of all trades" -- learning everything I want to learn; mastering everything I want to master.

And here's where I am with my New Year's Resolutions:

- Get more in shape -- NOPE
I haven't really done anything here. I tend to walk more and that's it. I'd love to free up some space in my room -- I don't really want to work out in a place where people can see me.

- Clean my room (it was cleaner at some point -- then it got messy again ><) -- NOPE
 I did once, but it got messy again ><

- Mature more, but without losing ideals and beliefs that are important to me -- DROPPED
I've scratched this off my list at some point. I've realized it's not necessary to me (because I generally like the way I am, weirdness and all).

- Save money (ideally to take a trip to Japan and see the cherry blossoms fall -- man, I so want to see that!) -- YES
That trip to Japan will come, but not this year -- I don't even have a passport yet. I have been saving some money, though. Yay! (This is a big achievement for me, since I'm such a spendthrift)

- Save money/work out some monthly budget -- YES
Yes, I've been keeping a budget each month and I haven't gone over at any point (though I was very close for a few months).

- Balance the amount of stuff I have (I have too much stuff right now) -- YES
I'm still buying new things, but not as much. And things are leaving my house, so it's all good.

- Learn more Python (programming language) -- NOPE
This is something I've been wanting to do since I bought my Python book... T.T Somehow I gotta slot myself an hour of this each week.

- Create a game with my newly learned knowledge of Python -- NOPE
This relates to the resolution above, so I can't make progress here until I've made progress there.

- Learn more Japanese -- NOPE
I think I'm able to read katakana and hiragana a little faster now, and I'm hearing a few more words when watching anime, but that's it... T.T I gotta do something about this as well.

- Continue going to life-drawing sessions regularly (when the Winter season is over) -- NOPE
I gotta go back and do this...

- Watch a play (if there's anything good playing) -- DONE
The Neverending Story

- Watch a musical (if there's anything good playing) -- NOPE
Something good needs to come to Toronto.

- Write a story (script, short story, novel, whatever) -- NOPE
Haha... I better write something. So many ideas, scenes, scenarios, and stuff play in my head while I'm commuting.

- Read a book (manga doesn't count, lol) -- DONE
No Longer Human by Osamu Dazai

- Stay connected with my friends in one form or another -- YES
I don't think I need to elaborate on this.

- Beat at least 12 video games that I physically own (is that too much? I wonder) -- CLOSE
I only need to finish two more games. This was a horrible Resolution. The reason I made this resolution was to encourage myself to play more of my current video game collection so I can determine whether or not it stays in my collection. A better resolution would have been: "Expose myself to at least 12 video games that I physically own".


So I'm on track with almost half of my resolutions. I just need to pick up the pace with the other half... ><''

I know what I'm lacking right now is time, and space. To get more time, I may have to give up something... and I don't want to do that. I guess we'll see how things will be with my Resolutions progress around December.


Thanks for reading! Next week, I'll try to do a more fleshed out blog or review. I just need to rest this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment