Translate

Friday 31 May 2013

BLOG -- Recap of May

So May... was crazy busy for me. :( I'm not gonna elaborate, but I am feeling a stronger desire for some more Me-Time. Hopefully June will be kinder -- or I may have to just catch my Me-Time with my own hands.

Anywho, if you are curious about my thoughts on anything, as always, please go ahead and ask. :)

Outings/Events in May:
- My data kicked in on my new smartphone. Woot!

- Celebrated my sister's birthday with friends.

- Celebrated a friend's birthday.

- Had a sleepover at my sister's new place for the first time (I wasn't feeling well).

- Saw the cherry blossoms at High Park.

- Hung out with friends x4 (2 was the Monday ritual meetup with one friend).

- Attended Anime North 2013.

- Had Lunch with my team-mate and it was my boss' treat (this was one of my favourite days in May).



Exposures:
- (restaurant) St. Louis Wings and Ribs -- This place supposedly has really good pulled pork burgers. I had poutine.

- (restaurant) Chopin Restaurant -- This is a Polish restaurant.

- (restaurant) Wild Wing -- I'm guessing this is known for its wings. And they're not bad!

- (dessert place) The Mad Italian -- This place has some yummy ice cream.

- (person) Smooth McGroove -- So one of my friends shared a video by Smooth McGroove, and I was instantly hooked and amused. Smooth McGroove is a youtubber who mainly does acapella renditions of video games. He's really good!

- (boardgame) Ticket to Ride -- It's a board game with train lines. It can get really intense.

- (app) Glympse -- This is a cool app. It uses your phone's GPS and sends your location to whoever you send the Glympse to. Yeah, it uses a bit of data, but the receiver doesn't have to have Glympse installed and it's really useful if used properly.




Finished...
Watching:
- (Anime): XXXHolic -- Not a bad series. A little slow at times, but worth it.

- (Anime): Genshiken Second Season -- Not as good as the first season, but still really good. It's a bit more perverted, too.

- (Anime OVA): Genshiken OVA -- Good as usual.

- (Anime OVA): Shinesman -- I had been wanting to watch this OVA since forever. I'm glad I got to see it. I watch it dubbed -- just how I wanted to see it.


- (TV Series): Cougar Town Season 1 -- So, this is kinda a guilty pleasure series. It's funny and can be heartfelt. I don't like the main character all the time, but I do like her. I really like Chrisa Miller in this.

- (Movie): Iron Man 3 -- Awesome. Just when I thought Robert Downey Jr. couldn't get any hotter... *droools*...


Playing:
- (PS2): Ape Escape 3 -- This was a really fun game. It just dragged a bit. I was planning on selling it after beating it, but now that I've unlocked this really nifty mini-game for it, I can't sell it, hahaha. :/


Reading:
- Nothing this time.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Folklore 
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS3): Heavy Rain
- (PSN): Anomaly Warzone Earth
- (PSN): The Cave
- (DS): Legacy of Ys: Book I & II
- (DS): Contact
- (PSP): Persona 
- (Wii): Fortune Street
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2
- (PS2): Shadow Hearts
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend


Watching:
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho 
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana
- (TV Series): The Middle Season 1
 
Reading:
- Nothing this time.


That's it for May. Here's a couple of random photos / videos from this month:

 A shot of the boardgame "Ticket to Ride".

 A shot of Anime North from the hotel room.


 Smooth McGroove -- "Street Fighter 2 - Guile Theme Acapella"
This was the video my friend shared on Facebook. 
It's awesome.


Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment