Translate

Friday 31 January 2014

BLOG -- Recap of January

I think it will be a given now that every month will be kind of hectic and busy in its own way. January was a super-cold month for me. Except for two hangouts, I was completely out of commission outside of going to work and going home. On the plus side, I did get to play a lot of online multiplayer of Call of Duty: Ghosts with my sister and a co-worker buddy.

By the way, Happy Lunar New Year! Depending on how the weekend goes, I may or may not do my weekly blog on Sunday.


Outings/Events in January:
- Celebrated a team-mate's birthday.

- Stayed over at my sister's place.

- Hung out with friends x2.



Exposures:
- (restaurant) Philthy McNasty's -- This place was okay. Nothing special.

- (restaurant) The Apricot Tree Cafe

- (beer) Apricot Beer -- The first swig was bitter! It tasted just like any other kind of beer. A couple more sips and the apricot taste came through. Then it was yummy.



Finished...
Watching:
- (Anime): Vampire Princess Miyu -- This series doesn't care about happy endings or making you feel good or fuzzy or anything like it -- it's all about destiny and whatever happens from that, happens. I know this is a pretty old series, but I find that uncaring attitude really refreshing. I hate the last couple of episodes, though.

- (Anime): Polyphonica -- I like the idea of this world very much. But then again, I tend to like music in many forms.

- (Anime): Dusk Maiden of Amnesia -- Loved it. I'm going to review it someday!

- (Anime): Air: TV Series -- I think was too hyped up about the visual novel's greatness. While I found many aspects of it relatable and I really enjoyed the old storyline, it was a big letdown.

- (Anime Movie): The Garden of Words -- I have watched almost all of Makoto Shinkai's works to date (have not watched Children who Chase Lost Voices). I think this latest one is Shinkai's strongest piece. The animation and backgrounds are so beautiful, and the message behind it is really relatable. I can definitely relate.

- (Anime OVA): Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail -- It was okay. I'm glad to see some questions from the first series answered here, but I don't know. I don't think this story was all that necessary. This seems like it was made just for the *cough*guy*cough* fans.

- (Anime OVA): Air in Summer -- It was okay.

Playing:
- (PS2): Shadow Hearts -- Finally! I knew I only had about two more hours to beating this game. I just kept getting sidetracked. I don't know if I would ever replay it, but it was an enjoyable experience.

- (PS4): Call of Duty: Ghosts -- Even though I'm still playing it, I'm going to consider it beaten since I prestiged one of my squad members.

Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Resogun 
- (PS3): Borderlands 2 
- (DS): Legacy of Ys: Book I & II 
- (3DS): Shin Megami Tensei IV
- (3DS): Mario's Picross 
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 3) 
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana (don't remember)
- (Anime): Dragon Ball (Season 3 -- Episode 65)
- (Anime): K-On! (Episode 1)
 
Reading:
- (Manga): Judge by Yoshiki Tonogai 
- (Manga): Midnight Secretary by Tomu Ohmi (Volume 4)


That's it for January. I took a look at my photo gallery this month and all I found were the photos I took at the Apricot Tree. So here's another photo from there, plus a random Youtube video:

The Apricot Beer I had at The Apricot Tree.


"Kokoro no Senritsu" from the anime Tari Tari.
This version is performed by Animenz Piano sheets.
It's a very pretty song.



Thanks for reading! As always, feel free to comment or ask about any of my experiences / exposures (though I barely had any this month). Have a good weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment