Translate

Tuesday 30 June 2015

BLOG -- Recap of June

Now... I have no idea how June came and went so fast. I thought June would be a slow-ish month for me, knowing that I wouldn't be hanging out much with my friends. I'm thinking "What the heck did I do this month??". I didn't even get to check out any of the conference videos from E3! :(


Outings/Events in June:
- Stayed over at my sister's place x2. 

- Hung out with friends x1. 

- Took a half vacation day just to catch an early movie with my sister.


- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I cleared T9 for the first time on my main character. Wooot!
-I turned one of my alts into an Au Ra, the new race in FFXIV's expansion.
-Another of my alts reached 50, and now that alt is married, too, lol. It was a favour to a friend 'cuz he really wanted the chocobo mount. It was a pain to level up this alt to 50, so I'm probably done with creating alts for the next long while.



Exposures:
- (Food) Funnel Cakes -- It's a bit unbelievable but I don't remember ever eating funnel cakes. I gotta say that they're kinda deceptive, hahaha. Just from the look of it, I was expecting a soft and chewy dessert.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Avengers: Age of Ultron -- I finally got to watch it. I personally enjoyed the first movie more, but this one was pretty good, too. I didn't like how some of the characters were treated, though (and no, I am not talking about Black Widow here).

- (Movie): Mad Max: Fury Road -- This is a really good action movie, though I didn't like Max as much as I did in the older movies. Whenever I hear Giuseppe Verdi's "Dies Irae", I think of the movie Battle Royale.

- (Movie): Alone in the Dark -- I wanted to watch this just because it's based off a video game. I don't know why -- I just want to try watching all video game movie adaptations. I was able to rent this for free from Bay Street Video, and, well -- I'm glad I rented it for free, hahaha... It was... uhhh... pretty cheesy and not very enjoyable for me. 

- (Movie): A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors -- This is kinda cheesy, though kinda creepy.

- (Movie): Save the Last Dance -- This movie has been on my "to-watch" list ever since the first time I watched K-Ci & JoJo's Crazy music video (ahem -- that was many, many years ago!). I enjoyed parts of it. It's a bit sad to say, but I think I would have enjoyed this much more if I watched it back then, when I was much, much younger, haha.

- (Movie): The Advocate -- I watched this for Colin Firth, and it was pretty interesting. I'd say it's good for at least one watching -- just to see the last 30 minutes of the movie.

- (Movie): Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason -- I kinda enjoyed this more than the first movie, but just by a bit.

- (Anime): Colorful: The Motion Picture -- I have to stress that I watched Colorful: The Motion Picture, NOT Colorful the anime series (I guess I should also mention that I've never watched Colorful the anime series, and I probably never will). Anywho, Colorful: The Motion Picture was... not that interesting for me. I personally would not recommend it.

- (Anime): Flowers of Evil -- Now... this series. Wow. It totally drained me after watching it. I have to mention that this is not an aesthetically pleasing anime. But -- I also think that it suits the overall tone and atmosphere. It is also very slow paced, but I didn't mind it. It felt very engaging to me. The voice-acting was really awesome. It didn't even feel like I was watching an anime; more like a live-action show that is animated.

I gotta say, though: the last 10-ish minutes of the last episode just killed it for me. I'm not sure if I could recommend it or not, just because of that last episode. Though... I do agree with this quote from Nick Creamer's review on the show: "The Flowers of Evil is one of the best shows you will never want to watch again". I'll probably try reading the manga now, hahaha.


Playing:
- (PC): Papers, Please! -- As mentioned in my last blog, this is a fun and addictive game. There are times, though, where playing this feels kinda like work. I find it pretty funny.

- (3DS): Disney Magical World -- Well, I unlocked the credits, so I'm going to consider this done. I've also run through every stage I know of at least once so all that's left is item-grinding. In other words, it's going back on my shelf. Overall, it was an addictive game. I mean, how could one go wrong with a game that's part Animal Crossing, part dungeon crawling? :D
 

Reading:
- Nothing this time.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Borderlands 2   
- (3DS): Bravely Default
- (3DS): Liberation Maiden 
- (3DS): Fantasy Life
- (3DS): Senran Kagura Burst
- (3DS): Pokemon Rumble
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (PSVita): Persona 4 Golden  
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)  
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana (Season 1 -- Episode 19)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
- (Anime): K-On! Season 2 (episode 3)



Reading:
- Nothing at the time.


That's it for June. I only took one real pic in June, so I'll share that.


 A pic of the funnel cake. I didn't like it in the end.
I was hoping it would be soft and chewy, haha.




Have a good rest of the week and thanks for reading! :) To those who'll be celebrating Canada's Day tomorrow, Happy Canada's Day! To those who'll be celebrating Independence Day in a few days, Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment