Translate

Monday 30 April 2018

BLOG -- Recap of April

I have a concern... that I might be developing a taste for bad movies, hahaha. 

Similar to March, April was a movie-binge-watching month for me. I was also doing some planning, because -- I'm going to Japan next week, wooooooot!

I'll likely hit many of the same places I've been to before, but will also check out a few new places.


Outings/Events in April:
- Hung out with friends overall x2

- Worked on a Saturday again... along with almost all my team. =___=

- I got a new cellphone. Good-bye my S4! You were great while your battery lasted.

- Celebrated my sister's birthday with a friend.

- Stayed over at my sister's place x0.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-Nothing. I should be re-subbing tomorrow so I can ensure my mansion isn't demolished, lol.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius achievements / news: 
-My rank is currently 150 (yay I can leave the game alone for 13 hours 45 mins)
-I had the most wonderful pull a few weeks ago. A screenshot is at the end of the blog.
-I need a Liquid Metal Slime...


Exposures:
- (Food): Lemon Glazed Donut -- This was a limited donut at Krispy Kreme and I liked it.


Finished...
Watching:
(Movie): A Quiet Place -- Not really scary but very suspenseful and good for the most part. A few days afterwards, I was questioning the plausibility of it all though, lol.

- (Movie): Unstoppable -- Kinda interesting, but also kinda meh. I liked the resolution.

- (Movie): Divergent: Insurgent -- It was okay.

- (Movie): Divergent: Allegiant -- I liked this better than Insurgent...

- (Movie): Skyfall -- I've never been a fan of Bond movies. Never cared that he'd always get the girl part, since it's like a different girl each movie (please correct me if I'm wrong).

- (Movie): Hangman's Curse -- Not the best, but I enjoyed some aspects of it.

- (Movie): Thr3e -- Predictable for some parts.

- (Movie): Beat Street -- Eh... it didn't grow on me very much.

- (Movie): Crazy Stupid Love -- Awkward -- just like Love. The best scenes were between Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone.

- (Movie): Martha Marcy May Marlene -- Well done, but didn't like it.

- (Movie): Shakespeare in Love -- Well done, but pretty meh on it.

- (Movie): Fargo -- It's interesting.

- (Movie): The Transporter -- I enjoyed this.

- (Movie): Transporter 2 -- I enjoyed this less.

- (Movie): Red Dawn -- I never saw the original, but this was interesting.

- (Movie): The Book Thief -- It kept my attention most of the time. Geoffrey Rush is great.

- (Movie): Slumdog Millionaire -- I would probably never watch this again... but it's good.

- (Movie): Jem and the Holograms -- I've never watched the animated series... but I liked this. Some of the songs are nice and catchy.

- (Anime): Another -- This was more entertaining than I had expected. I liked it


Playing:
- (PS4): Shutshimi -- Short and sweet and random. And not too bad.

- (PS4): Monster Hunter: World -- I saw the credits so I'm counting this! I'll likely still play this from time to time, though.

- (PS4): Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reigns -- So grindy, and all to reach a bleh ending, hah... unless you really enjoy Puzzle Quest and love Marvel I wouldn't really recommend this. My staple team was Iron Man (Model 35), Black Widow (Modern), and Storm (Modern).

- (PS4): Binding of Isaac: Rebirth -- The intro + the main theme music afterwards was very grabbing. The randomness is quite enjoyable when I get lucky. I'll probably play more of it in the future.


Reading:
- Nothing this month. 


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): J-Stars Victory Vs+
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
- (PS4): Fez
- (PS4): Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS2): Chulip
- (Xbox 360): Magna Carta II
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
- (3DS): Culdcept Revolt
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
- (Mobile): Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 11)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (TV Show): X-Files (Season 11)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 2)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
(Anime): Attack on Titan: Season 2 (episode 8)



Reading:
- (Manga): Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori (Volume 16)


That's it for April. Here are a couple screenshots (no pictures this time) I took this month plus a few YouTube videos.

My most wonderful pull from FFBE. Can you count the rainbows?
Hahaha... :)


Whee, I have Lotus Mage Fina!

"A Quiet Place Review" by YourMovieSucksDOTorg.
He touches upon several of the thoughts I had after watching the movie.
There are spoilers so check only if you've watched "A Quiet Place" or 
you don't mind spoilers.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth intro video. The volume is a bit quiet. 
I think the voice work is great.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth menu theme after the intro video.
The music is quite good overall for this game.

Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment