Translate

Thursday 31 May 2018

BLOG -- Recap of May

May was horrible in the beginning, great in the middle, and back to horrible. I have so much work to do, bahhh. xP


Outings/Events in May:
- Hung out with friends overall x1

- A good co-worker friend was let go... =___=

- Visited Japan for 2 weeks. I'll be blogging about this in due time!

- Stayed over at my sister's place x0.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I re-subbed but haven't done much.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius achievements / news: 
-My rank is currently 154 (yay I can leave the game alone for 13 hours 55 mins)
-I got my Liquid Metal Slime!
-I'm just waiting for the Valkyrie Profile banner... and possibly another Noctis banner if he comes along.


Exposures:
- (Video Game): Demetrios: The Big Cynical Adventure -- I wanted to like this game, but the writing and characterizations didn't grab me. I think it tried too hard to be "cynical".

- (Mobile): One Piece Treasure Cruise -- I tried this out while Brave Exvius was under maintenance. It's pretty interesting. I run out of character box space way too quickly, but I enjoy playing the story mode and trying to get and evolve units I like. Ahhh, Ace and Sanji... <3

- (Food): Sushi Burger -- This was a menu item from Sushi Shop. I tried the Salmon one and really liked it! At first glance it looks like a small burger, but it's actually quite filling, at least for me. I'd eat it again!


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Rambo: First Blood -- I love Trautman's speech about Rambo. Great stuff.

- (Movie): Rambo: First Blood Part II -- This was good, but could have used more character development... and uhh... more romance, hehe.

- (Movie): Rambo Part III -- I liked seeing Trautman in the battle field but was so scared for his safety. This was okay.

- (Movie): Blade of the Immortal -- I watched this just 'cuz it was directed by Takashi Miike. The main character... is pretty bad with a sword... >__<

- (Movie): Maze Runner: Death Cure -- Forgettable.

- (Movie): Cook Up A Storm -- A little hokey at parts but more or less enjoyable. I would have loved more screen time on the food-making.

- (Movie): Permanent -- Very meh.

- (Movie): Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle -- Entertaining and funny. Recommended for at least one watching


Playing:
- (3DS): Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth -- I looooooooved this game!! Even though I was a bit nooby in terms of battle strategy, I loved everything about the game -- the mapmaking, the differing battle mechanics from other Persona games, the characters. I was a little sad when I beat it... but it'll just go on my re-play pile with other SMT / Persona games I've beaten. I mean -- I still gotta play it from P3's side, lol :3


Reading:
- Nothing this month. 


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): J-Stars Victory Vs+
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
- (PS4): Fez
- (PS4): Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
- (PS4): Nights of Azure
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS2): Chulip
- (Xbox 360): Magna Carta II
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Culdcept Revolt
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
- (Mobile): Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 11)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (TV Show): X-Files (Season 11)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 2)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
(Anime): Attack on Titan: Season 2 (episode 8)



Reading:
- (Manga): Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori (Volume 16)


That's it for May. Aside from my time in Japan, not too many of my photos were too interesting this month so here are a couple sneak peeks for those future Japan blogs, plus a YouTube video.

Oh, where could this be in Japan?
Do you see something in the far distance? :)


I don't think I'd be able to upload the video here, 
but this performance was something I watched
over and over while in Japan. I'm so glad I recorded it
while it was on TV!

So... which Pokemon would you choose? Lol.


Trautman's awesome speech about Rambo in Rambo First Blood.
I don't think it's spoilery, but this does happen about halfway through the movie.
I especially loved his line at around 1:04 and 1:36.


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment