Translate

Thursday 28 February 2013

BLOG -- Recap of February

February was a busy month for me. Not as crazy as January, but quite busy. I think February was more of a "get exposed to as much of my collection as possible" month than anything else. 

Anywho, if you are curious about my thoughts on anything, as always, please go ahead and ask. :)

Outings/Events in February:
- Checked out a restaurant for Winterlicious.

- Had a drink with co-workers.

- Started my 21-day challenge of cleaning my room.

- Made some chocolates for Valentine's Day.

- Went to Vaughan Mills for the first time.


Exposures:
- (food) Brownie in a cookie -- I don't remember what this was called exactly, but there's a menu item at Jack Astor's right now that's a cookie with a brownie filling. It's really sweet and yummy. The cookie is pretty huge, though, so sharing it with somebody might be good.

- (food) Easy Oreo Truffle -- This was the chocolate I tried making this year for Valentine's Day. Since I'm not a fan of cheese, it was pretty difficult for me to make this. Smelling the softened cream cheese was horrendous! And then the mental anguish of taste-testing, knowing that there's cream cheese in it. Overall, I'd say it was a big success. People really liked them (yay!!)

- (musical artist) Ludovico Einaudi -- How I got exposed to this was kinda funny. I was in the music store, looking for the Warm Bodies soundtrack (which doesn't exist ._.). Some nice, intense piano piece was playing at the time. I was so curious that my sister asked the employee what music was playing. I ended up buying the CD for that piano piece. Now it's what I listen to often at work, hahah.

- (restaurant) Kirei Sushi

Finished...
Watching:
- (Anime): Red Garden -- This series often leaned toward the dreary side. Their singing was also quite eerie sometimes (despite the voice-actors having really good singing voices). But all in all, this was a really engaging series. I really enjoyed it.

- (Anime - OVA): Dead Girls -- This is an OVA sequel to Red Garden. It's not as emotionally driven as Red Garden, but it has some value to it.

- (Movie): Battle Royale -- This was shown in theatres as part of the Digital Film Fest. It was a really great turn out. The theatre was almost packed full. Unfortunately, the shorter, theatrical version was shown.

- (Movie): Warm Bodies -- This is great. Watch it :)


- (Movie): Identity Thief -- This movie wasn't as funny as I was expecting it to be. I appreciated that it had some substance, since not every slapstick comedies has that.

- (Movie): My Bloody Valentine -- Blahhh. I'm not a fan of the director's style.

- (Movie): Casshern -- This is a Japanese live-action movie loosely based off of the anime series of the same name. The story kinda sucks and it's hard to feel any connection to any of the characters. But the soundtrack is pretty decent.


Playing:
- (PS3): Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale -- Somehow, I don't get the feeling that this was made with a lot of love. I played through one character's story, and finished it pretty quickly.

- (DS): WarioWare D.I.Y. -- This was really neat. A collection of short mini-games, and a section for you to create games and stuff.

Reading:
- Nothing this time.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Folklore 
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (DS): Legacy of Ys: Book I & II
- (DS): Final Fantasy III (stopped. Sorry to say, but it was boring. Absolutely nothing was driving me to continue playing. And the grinding! Ugh!!)
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Ape Escape 3
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2


Watching:
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho 
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana
 
Reading:
- Nothing this time.


That's it for February. Here are some random photos / videos:

One of the entrances to Vaughan Mills. It is such a huge mall.

The cookie with the brownie filling.

My attempt on the Easy Oreo Truffles.

"Time Lapse" by Ludovico Einaudi.
This is what caught my interest that time in the music store.


Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment