Translate

Wednesday 31 July 2013

BLOG -- Recap of July

July was a really busy month, work-wise and not. I mean, I had events to organize... and then a ton of work to do. I'm super glad that I'm getting a couple of vacation days after today. Seeing as I've only taken one vacation day so far this year, I most definitely need it! 


Outings/Events in July:
- Celebrated my birthday x2.

- Went to root for the company I work for, who was competing in a volleyball tournament.

- Ate at a restaurant that was part of Summerlicious.

- Had a sleepover at my sister's place x2.

- Hung out with friends x7 (5 were meetups with my sister).

- Attended a Summer Matsuri festival downtown. 

- Organized a digging event in my virtual town with real life friends in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

- Had a Team BBQ (Alice in Wonderland themed)



Exposures:
- (drink) Fuzzy Navel -- Kinda orangy, but not bad.

- (food place) Menchie's -- This place is pretty cool for a snack.

- (restaurant) Eat Fresh Be Healthy -- This was the restaurant we went to for Summerlicious. The food is good!

- (restaurant) Burger Priest -- I would like this place more if all the burgers on the menu weren't some kind of cheeseburger. The taco fries are good.

- (board game place) Castle Board Game Cafe -- This is similar to Snakes & Lattes, but more downtown and smaller.



Finished...
Watching:
- (Anime OVA): Ys -- It's kinda cheesy, but good music. I wonder how closely it follows the video game series.

- (Anime OVA): Project Blue Earth: SOS -- I don't know why, but this seems like it was designed as a feature-length movie. The music has movie-like qualities to it. The animation quality is nice. Some character emotions are too rushed, though.

- (Anime OVA): Princess Rouge: Legend of the Last Labyrinth -- It's meh. It had potential, but that's about it.

- (Movie): Red 2 -- Not as good as the first one. Really nice cast, though! I loved seeing Helen Mirren again.

- (Movie): Human Centipede -- I think I saw this last month and forgot to mention it. What a disturbing movie. I don't think I could watch this again.


Playing:
- (PSN): Walking Dead: 400 Days


Reading:
- (Manga): Gunslinger Girl by Yu Aida -- It was totally worth the wait to read its final pages.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Folklore 
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS3): Sleeping Dogs  
- (PS3): Heavy Rain 
- (DS): Legacy of Ys: Book I & II
- (DS): Contact
- (3DS): Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- (3DS): Shin Megami Tensei IV
- (PSP): Persona 
- (Wii): Fortune Street
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2
- (PS2): Shadow Hearts
- (PC): UnEpic
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend


Watching:
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho 
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana
 
Reading:
- Nothing this time.


That's it for July. Here's a couple of random photos from this month:

My snack at Menchie's.

My birthday surprise at work. Thank you!!

 I gave this to my team-mate, who got 
promoted this month. Yayyyy!

One of the stands at the Summer Matsuri festival.


Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the long weekend (for those of you who have a long weekend)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment