Outings/Events in August:- Visited the Ontario Science Centre with a friend to check out the Game On exhibit (it ends this weekend, so check it out if you can!).
- Went to Hanlan's Point with the company.
- Drank to my team-mate's last day at work.
- Had a sleepover at my sister's place x1.
- Hung out with my sister x3.
- Hung out with friends for Labour Day weekend.
- Attended a movie night with my sister and friend.
- Attended Fan Expo Canada 2013.
- Got a hair cut. My hair is sooo short right now.
Exposures:- (figure store) Navito World -- It's a place full of anime figures. It's pretty cool.
- (restaurant) Arisu -- The servers are very polite, but the food was just okay -- at least for the sushi (didn't try the Korean dishes).
Watching:- (Anime OVA): Little Witch Academia -- It's okay. It's cute.
- (Anime): Baccano!
- (Anime): Strawberry Panic -- It's a very emotional and intense series. There's also a bit of yuri. I tried it out 'cuz of its catchy opening and ending theme tunes.
- (Anime): Hatsukoi Limited -- For a series that's littered with suggestive perversion and fanservice, I found lots of serious, relatable, and heart-tugging moments. Kudos for not being just about the fanservice.
- (Anime): Gakuen Alice -- I totally want a second season. The series is so cute. Mikan and Natsume remind me so much of Sana and Akito from Kodocha (an awesome series).
- (Movie): Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended version) -- I'm glad that each movie was broken into 2 discs. The extended versions are long! Since this was my first time seeing Lord of the Rings, I have absolutely no idea which scenes were extended. Overall, they were good.
- (Movie): Step Up Revolution -- I recently got the Blu-Ray / DVD of it, and I'm happy that I have it. I like the varied dance styles, and the story's decent enough.
- (Movie): Ace Attorney -- I was pleasantly surprised. With Takashi Miike being the director, I didn't know what to expect. I like it. I want it licensed so I can own a physical copy.
- (Movie): Goth -- I linked Goth to Wikipedia since the movie title is so general. Pacing is horribly slow. The manga is much more engaging.
Playing:- (PS3): Dragon's Crown (at least, in Normal mode)
- (PS3): Heavy Rain -- Got the good endings. The quick-time events blow. There's way too much riding on quick reflexes. The scenes are interesting to watch.
- (3DS): Animal Crossing: New Leaf -- I paid off all my debts. I'm counting it as me beating the game.
Reading:- Nothing this time.
Playing (not all at once):- (PS3): Folklore
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS3): Sleeping Dogs
- (DS): Legacy of Ys: Book I & II
- (DS): Contact
- (3DS): Shin Megami Tensei IV
- (PSP): Persona
- (Wii): Fortune Street
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2
- (PS2): Shadow Hearts
- (PC): UnEpic
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
Watching:- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana
Reading:- Nothing this time.
That's it for August. Here's a couple of random photos from this month:
Game On exhibit at the Ontario Science Centre.
Another part of the Game On exhibit at the Ontario Science Centre.