Translate

Sunday 8 February 2015

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- My Plans for Valentine's Day

So Valentine's Day is coming up -- and once again, like the past few years, I am single. Buuut -- just like those past few years, I am not fretting about it. After being romantically linked a couple times this past year (both online relationships -- NOT at the same time!), I am not particularly in a rush to dive back in, hahaha.

Maybe I'm weird, but I don't mind being single. In fact, I enjoy it. There are pros and cons to everything, and I am choosing to relish in the pros of being single. Seriously, I would rather stay single than be with somebody I don't like that way. Maybe I will elaborate on this... but not today.

So what will I be doing on Valentine's Day if I have no date? Well... I'm going to take myself out and spoil myself silly! Hahaha. It will be spread out across two days (I took a vacation day before Valentine's Day just for it). I haven't yet decided exactly how it's going to go, but those two days will involve at least:

-karaoking (with myself -- I enjoy singing that much)
-watching 50 Shades of Grey (I haven't read the books and am curious about it)
-treating myself out to a really nice breakfast, lunch, and dinner (not for both days since I'll be home and elsewhere for some time)
-making chocolates ('cuz that's just something I do for Valentine's Day)
-doing some shopping (I really need more clothes and other things, hahaha)

I hope nothing comes up to interfere with my plans. Me making plans with myself is just as important to me as making plans with others.

I guess I'll end this blog off with a song I've been listening to a lot this month, and a couple of my favourite love-related quotes. After hearing these quotes for the first time, they've stuck by me. I personally think they've made me stronger, especially the 2nd quote. I think it helped me realize my self-worth -- or at least some of it.

Quote #1: "You are what you love, not what loves you" -- Donald Kaufman; from the movie Adaptation

Quote #2: "We accept the love we think we deserve" -- Mr. Anderson; from the movie The Perks of Being a Wallflower


Kimi no Mama de (Haruka's version) -- from iDOLM@STER
It's too bad the video doesn't have translations. If you'd like, 
listen to it and soak in the emotions you get from it.
The song's name translates to "As You Are"

Thanks for reading! Happy early Valentine's Day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment