Translate

Sunday 30 August 2015

BLOG -- Limited / Collector's Editions -- A Few Random Thoughts

So I'm kinda feeling... not well today, so this entry will be short (why, whyyy do I feel this when it's days before Fan Expo??!! >_<''). I just want to share some random thoughts that have been on my mind for a while. NOTE: This might not be very interesting for you.

This all started one day when my friend told me that Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (the first game) was on sale on the Playstation Store. He suggested that I buy it digitally so I could play it that way and keep my physical copy of Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Limited Edition sealed -- and to retain its... um... current re-sale value. On ebay, the special edition (sealed) is currently listed for $170-ish $270-ish CAD. I told him I'd think about it, and shortly after a whole bunch of thoughts started to flood into my mind:

Should I really buy the digital version and keep my limited edition sealed to sell off in the future? When I buy limited editions, I usually buy them to keep... and I want to go through all the goodies! So there's no point in me keeping it sealed if I'm not planning to sell it... and there's no point in me buying it digitally unless I love the game that much or I really want to support the publisher... the only time I would sell a limited edition is if I bought an extra copy or I don't like the game after trying it out, which would mean it's already opened -- but I'm sure I'll like this one... so... 

This situation really did make me wonder for a while why I sometimes purchased limited editions. Of course it is so I could go through all the goodies! Sometimes I do buy extra copies of limited editions, and when I do, it's either to try selling it in the future or to give it to a friend who may really want it. But when I only buy one copy, it's not reserved for anybody else but me! Hahaha ^_~.

In the end, as you may have guessed from my thoughts, I didn't buy Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc digitally. My limited edition is still sealed, but when I get around to playing it, I will open it.

When / If you buy limited editions, what do you usually do with them?

For fun, here is one of my most treasured limited editions: Persona 3 Konamistyle Special Edition (was released only in Japan. I love the bag, lol).



Thanks for reading! See you again soon when I post up my end-of-August blog tomorrow, hahaha. Till then and have a good rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment