Well, with Thanksgiving coming up soon in Canada, I figured I'd list some of the things I am thankful for. I think this list would be more of the little things instead of the "usual" things, like having easy, affordable-ish access to food or living in an area with low crime rate (I don't know if the latter is true -- just listing an example). I think those sort of things are a given, so I won't list them.
I am thankful for...
- This computer I'm typing on. I guess by now it is really outdated, but it was a Birthday gift years ago, and I am really thankful for it!
- Buying and installing a door lock on my room. Things used to go missing every now and then when my room didn't have a lock, so I'm glad it's there.
- Being alive. There is still so much I want to do and experience, so I'm glad I'm still kicking it, despite how much uncertainty I feel for my future.
- The things that greatly affected me while growing up. I may blog about this in the future, so I'm not elaborating here.
- Anime being more mainstream. I am glad that more and more people no longer perceive anime as just pornographic media.
- The easier acceptance of "nerd culture". I'm not sure if this is true all over, but I feel it where I am.
- My favourite video game companies being alive still and kicking. Please still be together and intact for, like, the rest of my life. <3
- Myself. It's weird for me to admit it, but for the most part, I do like myself. My shy and quiet personality, my core values, my passions, my beliefs -- I like it all and I don't want to change it. My self-confidence / self-worth could use a boost, though, hahaha.
- Being out of my "booze" phase for a couple years now. I think I save more money when I don't drink -- money that I can spend on more video games! Hahaha.
- The invention of chips. As I often like to say, chips are my second love. <3
- Having a very drama-less life. Any kind of drama I experience these days is either online (very rarely now) or in the workplace. It's kinda nice not sweating over any or many issues, except maybe my lack of time and my gigantic media backlog.
- My friends. Yes, this is a given, but I'm saying it anyway. I'm not always the best at staying in contact... but friends are very precious to me.
- You (the reader). Here is my sappy thank you to you, the reader! Even though I always say thank you at the end of my blogs, it's just not enough, hahahaha. My sincerest thanks for you taking the time to read my thoughts and words. There is no way for me to describe just how appreciative I am *bows* <3
Again, thank you for reading! Next week there will be no blog -- I am using the Thanksgiving weekend as an "excuse" to have more time for myself. But really I already know that October will be somewhat busier than usual for me, so I know I will need that break, hahaha >.>''
Anywho, take care, and have an awesome week! :)