Translate

Friday 30 September 2016

BLOG -- Recap of September

Besides the first and last week, September was quite uneventful. I was playing Persona 4 Golden like almost every day, every chance I got -- until I re-subscribed to FFXIV and then I was grinding that a bit endlessly. 

Now that I've had a chance to relax (even though my Japan and Fan Expo blogs were fun to write, they took a lot out of me, needing to be so detailed, accurate, and factual), I'm hoping I can continue blogging more regularly in October. *fingers crossed!*


Outings/Events in September:
- Briefly bumped into an old co-worker. It was nice catching up for a few minutes.

- Attended Fan Expo Canada 

- A friend-co-worker is no longer my co-worker :(

- September 25: was a really fun, but also sad day. I am still sad. A couple positives is that it seems things may still be okay, and I am just glad that in the end I stayed true to myself. I have no regrets.

- Met up with my sister and cousins.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I've re-subscribed, but mainly to finish up the Yo-kai event.
-I guess I should just say: I won't lose my soul this time! Lol.


Exposures:
- (Food): Lay's Bacon Poutine Chips -- It was too bacon >_<!

- (Band): Marianas Trench -- Yes, I was exposed to their song "One Love" months ago, but I only started to venture into their other songs this month. I listened to their latest album Astoria and -- wow -- what a mix of catchy, slow, poppy, and emotional tunes. And I like it, for the most part! I think many of their songs have clever, rhythmic lyrics. I really want to attend their concert.

- (TV Show): The Goldbergs -- This is a ridiculous, funny, nostalgic, and sweet show. I just finished watching Season 1. The characters' interactions are so funny sometimes. Barry's description of his perfect woman is hilarious.

- (Mobile App Game): Mystic Messenger -- This has more substance than I originally thought, lol. I initially tried as a light distraction, but I find that there is strategy involved. Also there is a story and characterization. Plus, what app game has voiced phone conversations?? It was a pleasant surprise. I'm currently on Yoosung's route (no surprise that he would end up being the first guy I get). I really want to go through 707's route, but I read that his route is best saved for last due to spoiler content. Lol... darn. :P  


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Suicide Squad -- It was okay, but not particularly great. I would have liked to see more story sequences with Harley Quinn and Joker.

- (Movie): Scream 3 -- Not bad. I was really scared when watching this, lol... T_T

- (Anime): Persona 3 The Movie -#2 Midsummer Knight's Dream- -- This was really good. The ending totally did me in, lol... what a song. *tips hat and bows deeply*

- (Anime): Ef - A Tale of Melodies -- It's a bit better than the first season, but... a little over the top at times. Really nice animation, though.


Playing:
- (PSP): Crush -- Finally! It's done. This was on my "Currently Playing" list for the longest time. About halfway through, I was only playing to get more story... and not because the story was amazing -- I was just really curious. My sister ended up looking up how to clear the last two stages; they were just so frustrating. The last stages felt more like platformers than puzzles.


Reading:
- (Novel) Gun Machine by Warren Ellis -- It was much more slow-paced than Ellis' first novel Crooked Little Vein, but it was quite thrilling in the middle. I think I'd like to see this as a movie, but with a more polished ending.

- (Book) Pitch Perfect by Mickey Rapkin -- It was interesting in some parts and dragging in other parts. I personally would have preferred to read the groups' stories fully one at a time instead of shifting to another group every chapter. The movie is just so much more exciting


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- (PS4): J-Stars Victory Vs+
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars  
- (PS4): Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Fantasy Life
- (3DS): Shantae
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Patapon
- (PSP): Corpse Party
- (PSVita): Persona 4 Golden
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest II


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 6)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 10)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
- (Anime): K-On! Season 2 (episode 3)



Reading:
- (Manga): Elemental Gelade by Mayumi Azuma (Volume 15)
- (Manga): Ouran High School Host Club by Bisco Hatori (Volume 7)


That's it for September. Here are some pics I took this month plus a YouTube video.


 Can you spot the bug? Lol

For once, a fortune that is just supportive! ... hopefully the person 
who admires my beauty is NOT a jerk, lol :P'

Funny screenshot from Persona 4 Golden. For reference, 
the main character is male and Kanji is a male character.

Amusing screenshot from Mystic Messenger. The text from the 
girl avatar was an option I selected. 

I noticed this some weeks ago (if you don't see it, there's an egg on the media box!). 
The next time I went to this subway station, though, it was gone. 
I'm hoping it hatched and somebody heard its chirpings and acted dutifully.



"Dearly Departed" by Marianas Trench. This is one of my favourites from the album. 
I can really feel the emotion; it makes me cry almost every time. The bridge also 
carries extra meaning, in addition to expressing what it's trying to express 
(i.e. clever lyric-writing). I must sing this for karaoke one day!


Thanks for reading! As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

Have a good weekend and till next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment