Translate

Monday 31 December 2012

BLOG -- Recap of December

December was a month full of celebrations. It just sucked that I got sick for most of the month. I was coughing so much that my muscles started aching. I'd feel it every time I got out of bed and every time I coughed. I couldn't attend one Christmas party 'cuz of it, and since being on Christmas holiday, I barely went out. I only went out once for Boxing Week and I was being driven around. Otherwise, I would have stayed home. I'm still sick as I'm blogging, but not coughing as much. My muscles still ache. I can't wait to get better.

Anywho, if you are curious about my thoughts on anything, as always, please go ahead and ask. :)

Outings/Events in December:
- Christmas parties/celebrations galore!
    - Company Christmas party
    - Company Team Christmas lunch party
    - Christmas party with friends
    - Christmas party with friends (well, I couldn't attend this one -- I was too sick)
    - House party with my sister and friend

- Played a prank on one of my team-mates on his last day. *sniffle* :( 

- Celebrated a friend's birthday.

Exposures:
- (drink) Coffee! (mixed with Baileys and... rum?) -- Yes, you read correctly. In all my years, I have never experienced coffee. I've had iced cappuccinos before but some don't consider that as real coffee. I've always joked with my co-workers and friends that the first coffee I have, I'm going to spike it with whiskey or Baileys. Well, it was spiked for me. I got this at a restaurant as a "pick me upper" from drinking so much champagne. I didn't realize what it was until after I drank it. It was very delicious!

- (alcohol) Champagne (don't know what kind) -- This is light, smooth, and delicious.

- (alcohol) Sambuca -- Strong licorice. Blah. I had a co-worker buddy light it on fire before I downed it.

- (alcohol) Jägermeister (straight) -- I never realized how strong this was. I think I like it better mixed with cola.

- (food) Moffle -- This is a waffle made of mochi dough. The waffle itself doesn't have much taste, but the texture combined with whatever toppings you put on is yummy.

- (restaurant) Coquine -- This is a French restaurant and it is really good. I might blog about this some day.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Lupin the III: Castle of Cagliostro -- This is an old anime that was sitting in my collection. It's really funny and worth watching at least once.

- (Movie): Merry Christmas


- (Movie): Up -- I finally got to watch this. I'm glad I watched it by myself. I was crying so much -- almost went through an entire box of tissues. It's a great movie.

- (Movie): Twilight -- Well, my curiosity got the better of me and I watched this with my sister. I can sum this up in one word: awkward. I'm a little curious if the awkwardness was intentional (like... was it in the book?), or if the acting was just... horrible? I do like the idea of being wholeheartedly in love with somebody, though. I'm now curious about the rest of the series... >.>

Playing:
- (PS3): Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 -- I gotta say that since getting this game, I have not touched Campaign mode at all. However... I've spent over 100 hours in Multiplayer mode. I'm just gonna put this in my "Finished" list, and continue playing whenever I feel like it.

- (PS3): Tokyo Jungle -- This is really fun and quirky.

- (PS2): Grim Grimoire -- I'm not the strongest in Real-Time Strategy games, but this was enjoyable. Just like in Odin Sphere, it was the story that really pulled me in.

Reading:
- Nothing this time.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Record of Agarest War Zero (stopped, 'cuz the battles were driving me crazy. To be honest, I haven't continued this game since probably... March? Just thinking about continuing makes me shudder a little)
- (PS3): Folklore 
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS3): Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale  
- (DS): Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja 
- (DS): Legacy of Ys: Book I & II
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Hatsune Miku 2nd Diva  
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Ape Escape 3
- (PS2): Samurai Western 


Watching:
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho
 
Reading:
- (Novel): JPod by Douglas Coupland (stopped 'cuz it's just not my kind of book. I think it tries a little too hard to be geeky and weird)


That's it for December. Here are some random photos:

This is a Clue boardgame that my sister and I re-created and personalized.
We played this during our house party.

A moffle with shoyu sauce. 

A shot of the Company Christmas party. As you can see, my phone is very crappy.
In this shot, from left to right, kinda slumped over each other 
('cuz of the booze, I'm sure. It looked really cute to me):
Ted, Jon, Brodie 

The prank I did to my team-mate on his last day. Under each wrapping was a tiny gift.
Under his chair was a whoopee cushion... that he sat on. XD

My Christmas stocking from my team-mate. <3

My Christmas gift to myself: DJMax Technika Tune Limited Edition.
Now I just need a PSVita and I'm allllllll set.

Thanks for reading! And Happy New Year!!!! May your days be filled with awesomeness and magic! :)

2 comments:

  1. The odd part is... after reading this, what sticks hard in my mind is how you stopped reading J-Pod. Don't get me wrong, I think quitting is a good idea. That book is... I can't tell if it's bad on purpose or just bad. But after reading it, I can't look at Vancouver the same way again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's a good thing I didn't get very far. It does seem pretty unique in terms of structure, but yeah... that makes me think it's trying too hard.

      Delete