Translate

Thursday 31 January 2013

BLOG -- Recap of January

January was a crazy month for me. Often, I found myself almost forgetting what happened days before -- because I was so focused on what needed to be done in the present. I guess that's nice, but that also meant that I didn't get that much time to myself -- or maybe I did, but it didn't feel like it was enough. *sigh* Well, I'm sure the next month will be different.

Anywho, if you are curious about my thoughts on anything, as always, please go ahead and ask. :)

Outings/Events in January:
- Had Lunch and went karaoking with my friends.

- Had a drink with co-workers.

- Bought a Japanese PS2. Yay!! Now I have access to some more games and DVDs in my collection.

- Received some awesome gingerbread cookies as a late Birthday present.


Exposures:
- (drink) Shirley Temple -- A co-worker suggested this drink to me since I was telling some others that I was trying to be alcohol-free this month (I think I'm out of that "must-drink-alcohol stage"... for now). The drink was a little too citrus-y for my liking, but it was good overall.

- (musical artist) Hiroyuki Sawano -- So... how I stumbled upon this artist is quite embarrassing. I was trying to find the main piano / violin theme for Twilight on Youtube, and I saw a posting named "Jacob's Lullaby" (Jacob is my man of choice -- not for Bella -- for me, lol). Anywho, I clicked on it and was immediately soothed and awed by the lovely instrumental. It sounded so nice! Then I checked out other tracks from Hiroyuki Sawano. In short, I'm digging it.

- (video game) Children of Mana [DS] -- It was kinda fun at first, but then the dungeons got too repetitive. I spent about 7 hours on this before stopping.

- (restaurant) Sushi Fun -- This is a sushi buffet place. I say it was kinda meh. Some hits and some misses.



Finished...
Watching:
- (Anime): Dojin Work -- This series is strange, perverted, and very funny. At least, I found it funny. It kinda makes me want to draw some dojinshi.

- (Movie): Les Miserables (x2) -- This was great. I was crying at almost every scene.

- (Movie - Anime): King of Thorn -- This anime movie was bloody and neat. Then it became a little confusing, which was unfortunate. It had a lot of potential to be awesome. It makes me want to read the manga to get a better understanding of the story.

- (Movie): Twilight: New Moon -- After watching this, I am now a Jacob fan. He just seems like the funner and funnier guy, lol. And no, it is not because of his 8-pack. >.> Edward is cool, too, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Jacob.

- (Movie): Twilight: Eclipse -- It was good. I liked seeing the backstory to Rosalie and Jasper.

- (Movie): Twilight: Breaking Dawn ~ Part 1 -- I liked seeing Jacob's growth in this movie. But the last part... uh... not that I disapprove... I'm just more convinced that it was done out of convenience more than anything else (I'm referring to the imprinting).

- (Movie): Twilight: Breaking Dawn ~ Part 2 -- A little hokey, but at least it seems to tie everything up. By the way, I saw this with my sister in theatres. Yeah. It was still playing in some theatres... two months after its release date, hahaha.

Playing:
- (PS3): The Walking Dead

- (PS2): Samurai Western -- The camera angles are horrible, but I really enjoyed the premise and gameplay. It's not everyday you get to play a game as a samurai fighting guys with guns. It's awesome.

- (PSP): Hatsune Miku 2nd Diva -- I enjoy all games with Hatsune Miku in it. Not all her songs are winners, but there's a lot that I like.

Reading:
- Nothing this time.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Folklore 
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS3): Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale  
- (DS): Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja (stopped, 'cuz I could be playing another game that I enjoy more. Hahhh... I can't believe I said that...)
- (DS): Legacy of Ys: Book I & II
- (DS): Final Fantasy III
- (PSP): Persona 
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Ape Escape 3
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2 


Watching:
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho
 
Reading:
- Nothing this time.


That's it for January. Here are some random photos / videos:

My Japanese PS2. So sleek and bada**.

The first game I popped into my Japanese PS2.
It was just to watch the awesome opening CG.
The gameplay is too grindy and slow for me.

My Shirley Temple.

I got a dozen of these gingerbreads. I love it. It completes my identity. ;)

"Jacob's Lullaby"
(The piece that got me interested in Hiroyuki Sawano. The uploader 
notes that the song is called 'Song to the Sun', but I don't think it is)

"Stray" by Hiroyuki Sawano
This track is kinda fast-paced and intense-sounding.

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment