Translate

Sunday 3 January 2016

BLOG -- Recap of December

Well, December was a really busy month, as I knew it would be. I spent the first couple of weeks shopping almost everyday for gifts to send out / give out for Christmas. Then the 2nd half I often stayed late at work and just this past week I've been functioning on so little sleep. Even now I am still out of it, feeling part zombie, part "I'm so tired". I think my inner clock's a bit messed up right now. It feels like a Saturday to me when it is really Sunday. The new year's already upon us and it still feels like 2015. Hahaha...


Outings/Events in December:
- Had a gathering with friends for Christmas.

- Participated in a dirty secret santa gift exchange at work. I was safe and got a bunch of chocolates. Somebody else got lingerie. I'm not sure if whoever got my gift will enjoy it, haha... (the gift I bought was "Crooked Little Vein" and "Gun Machine" by Warren Ellis. I love the former, haven't read the latter, but I know -- it may not be to everybody's tastes, lol.)

- Had a phone conversation with a friend for the first time in a lonng while! So that meant I got to hear my new ringtone, yayy.

- Tried a real-life room escape for the 3rd time. We got out, wooot!

- Stayed over at my sister's place x1.

- Spent the last week trying to create a text-based game with my sister. It is why I am so out of it now, lol. We finished just about 30 minutes after New Year's. I can't share it here because it uses licensed music. If only I could create my own music...


- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-One of my friends from my old server transferred to Masamune! She has since decided to transfer out to play with her bf, but I was very happy for the time we got to play together again. :)
-Cleared Bismarck EX for the first time, yayy! And it was the first time I queued for it, too.
-I am close to pentamelding my crafter's gears. Trying not to use up all my gil in the process.
-I am currently working on the new relic weapon, but going at my own pace.



Exposures:
- (3DS) Brunch Panic -- So these types of games are sort of like my guilty pleasures. If made well, I can really get sucked into it. Unfortunately, I did NOT feel hooked with Brunch Panic. I actually felt more stressed from playing it, haha. Thank goodness I got it at sale price.

- (Card game) Boss Monster -- This game sorta plays on retro games and it was pretty enjoyable! When I played it, my main goal was just to build an awesome dungeon and stay alive. Can't wait to play it again.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2 -- There, I'm done watching this whole series! Overall, I think it was pretty good. I really enjoyed the first two movies. As for Mockingjay, well, I think my book review on the whole trilogy pretty much sums up what I think about it, since the movie didn't really stray from the original source.

- (Movie): 50/50 -- There were moments of awkwardness with 50/50, but overall, I liked it. The humour was just okay. I personally found the special features more interesting, since it goes into the origin of the movie's story.

- (Movie): Skyhigh -- The action scenes were kinda entertaining. This was way more supernatural than I was expecting, haha. I watched this because I read the manga series a long time ago and enjoyed it.

- (Anime): Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- -- This series... when I think of the first season, I remember the animation quality being really nice, but the series being more episodic and getting a bit dull in the end. Then when I think of Il Teatrino, I think of not-as-good animation quality, but fitting more closely to the manga, but also just ending out a bit too suddenly. *sigh* I think I'll stick with the manga where my emotions are more... consistent, lol


Playing:
- Nothing at this time.

 
Reading:
- Nothing at this time.



Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below  
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS3): Steins; Gate   
- (3DS): Bravely Default 
- (3DS): Liberation Maiden 
- (3DS): Fantasy Life
- (3DS): Senran Kagura Burst
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (PSVita): Persona 4 Golden
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)  
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
- (Anime): K-On! Season 2 (episode 3)
- (Anime): Rozen Maiden (episode 7)



Reading:
- Nothing at this time. 


That's it for December. Here are some pics I took this month.


 A pic of Boss Monster.
We were using that gundam box as our table, lol.

One of the adventurers from Boss Monster. 
This fellow was the first soul I captured... hahaha

The leaderboard for the room escape we went to.
I just like how there is a record for "Washroom".
And it made me wonder: would the "% of escape" for 
the "Washroom" ever go below 100%...?


 Some of my "Boxing Week" spoils.
I bought this during Rightstuf's Sale leading into Christmas.
Click the image to enlarge if you want.

One of my Christmas gifts! It was sent to me from a friend in Alaska. :3
I don't think I will ever take it out of its packaging.

Another Christmas gift. This one is from my sister and her husband.
Wow, is it so creepy / scary, hahaha. It was carrying a Nintendo eshop card on its back.


Thanks for reading! As always, feel free to comment if you have anything to say, and Happy Late New Year! My long Year-in-Review/Perspectives blog should be up next week. :)

Now... back to recovering for me, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment