Outings/Events in January:- Started having one-on-one Skype sessions with a friend to try learning Japanese and programming. Not really sure what's sticking so far.
- I let my FFXIV subscription run out for about two weeks.
- Shareplayed multiple games on the PS4 with a friend. That was really fun, though I felt a little bad / sadistic that the first game I shareplayed was Super Meat Boy -- and I gave him the controller without explaining anything, ha... ^^'''
- Tried a real-life room escape for the 4th time. After getting a time extension, we got out, wooot!
- Stayed over at my sister's place x1.
- David Bowie and Alan Rickman's passing. I was very sad when I heard this...
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news:
-The mog house for the FC is built!
-My crafter's gears have been pentamelded! I kinda feel like I can craft almost anything now... though I am a bit lazy with gathering materials.
Exposures:- (3DS) Pokemon Picross -- This is another of Nintendo's free games that have in-game purchases. I really enjoy Picross games so I didn't mind spending some money on it.
- (PS4) Dragon Quest Builders (demo) -- I was able to try out the Japanese demo, and it was really fun. Unfortunately, the game is very text-heavy and I couldn't read / understand much of it. If it was localized, I would definitely get it.
- (Mobile) Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector -- This is really cute. I spent a bit of money to support the developer.
Watching:- (Movie): Jim Henson's Labyrinth -- This was interesting. For a movie that's pretty old now, it can be pretty creepy / unnerving sometimes, but also creative. I actually felt more for Jareth than for Sarah.
- (Movie): Seven Psychopaths -- This was an experience. I liked some of the stories in here. Not sure if I would watch it again, though.
- (Anime): Rozen Maiden -- I wouldn't call it a must-watch... but it is a nice series with some really good moments.
- (Anime): Rozen Maiden: Träumend -- This was better than the first series. Still not a must-watch, but I really liked the last few episodes. I think Shinku and Jun's relationship is really sweet.
- (Anime): Rozen Maiden: Ouvertüre -- I enjoyed this about the same as with the second series.
- (Anime): My Love Story!!
Playing:- (3DS): Senran Kagura Burst -- I actually beat this in December, but I forgot to mention it. I really enjoyed this game. While I wasn't a fan of many of the fanservice-y transformations (it was just too obvious that it was there to provide fanservice -- not very tasteful in my opinion), there is definitely substance behind all the "plot", and nice characterizations.
- (PS4): Contrast -- This game's been downloaded in my PS4 since the PS4's launch, and now I've finally gotten around to playing it. Besides some minor frustrations with some of the puzzles, I really enjoyed it. The gameplay mechanics felt kinda unique and fresh to me.
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest I -- Not as grind-heavy as I remembered it way back on the NES. I re-played it as a refresher on the story, but... the story was just as I remembered it, hahaha.
Reading:- Nothing at this time.
Playing (not all at once):- (PS4): Dragon Ball Xenoverse
- (PS4): J-Stars Victory Vs+
- (PS4): Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Starr
- (PS4): Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS3): Steins; Gate
- (3DS): Bravely Default
- (3DS): Liberation Maiden
- (3DS): Fantasy Life
- (3DS): Shantae
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
- (PSP): Persona
- (PSP): Crush
- (PSP): Corpse Party
- (PSVita): Persona 4 Golden
- (Wii): Fortune Street
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2
- (PC): UnEpic
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest II
Watching:- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 8 -- episode 5)
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
- (Anime): K-On! Season 2 (episode 3)
- (Anime): X TV series (episode 8)
Reading:- Nothing at this time.
That's it for January. Here are a couple of pics I took this month.
I really like the hand-drawn pic of Ace and Gohan. Ace looks sooo cool and HOT, hahaha
(both ways intended) ;)
Click to enlarge the pic.
This particular story was pretty funny.
Thanks for reading! My weekly blog will go up later today. As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)