Translate

Thursday 31 July 2014

BLOG -- Recap of July

So July... was a mix. The first few weeks were great and fun, despite that I turned a year older *sigh*. These last few days, though, have really done a number on me and I am currently not so happy and bright. I'm not gonna go into details -- I just hope things will be okay and that I can get through this.


Outings/Events in July:
- Celebrated my birthday with friends x2.

- Had a birthday lunch with my boss and team-mates.

- Karaoked with my sister for 1 hour.

- Checked out Summerlicious with a friend.


Exposures:
- (restaurant) Bangkok Garden -- This is a Thai restaurant that I checked out with a friend for Summerlicious. The food there is good.

- (song) "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men -- At first I wasn't sure what kind of song this was. It sounded kinda upbeat but eerie at the same time. The lyrics were also eerie. Once I read up an interpretation of this song, though, I fell in love. It made me feel very happy, but also very sad at the same time. I actually cried when I read the interpretation, it tugged at my soul so much. 

According to the interpretation, the song is about a couple who has been together for many, many years, and they are finally near reaching the end of their life. The woman sings about her fears of falling asleep and never waking up, while the man tries to comfort her, but at the same time, says that they will meet again soon if that were to happen. When I think about dying and leaving my loved one behind, it gives me such an indescribable ache. I wouldn't want to subject anybody to that kind of pain. But at the same time, the fact that the relationship has lasted for that many years... for that situation to even exist... is something that makes me smile and feel warmth. I wonder if I'll ever experience that kind of love and be in that kind of relationship...


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Vampire Academy -- Even though this movie was considered a flop, I liked it! The plot kept moving and I really enjoyed the main character. It also helps that she has the same first name as me. I ended up ordering the book series because I liked her so much, hahaha.

- (Movie): Mean Girls -- This was okay. Didn't like all the back-stabbing and I couldn't really sympathize with the main character. I was pleasantly surprised that Neil Flynn was in it, even though it was for a very brief time.


Playing:
- Nothing this month.

Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Borderlands 2  
- (DS): Legacy of Ys: Book I & II 
- (3DS): Bravely Default
- (3DS): Weapon Shop de Omasse
- (3DS): Liberation Maiden
- (3DS): Attack of the Friday Monsters! A Tokyo Tale
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition  
- (PSP): Persona 
- (PSP): Crush
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PS2): Atelier Iris 2
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 3) 
- (Anime): Yu Yu Hakusho (don't remember)
- (Anime): Shakugan no Shana (Season 1 -- Episode 19)

Reading:
- (Manga): Judge by Yoshiki Tonogai 
- (Manga): Midnight Secretary by Tomu Ohmi (Volume 7)


That's it for July. Like June, I didn't take too many photos so here is one, and then three videos I was exposed to this month.


 My birthday lunch with my boss and team-mates. 
And of course I would choose to have sushi.


Since I talked about it, I might as well share it.
"Little Talks" -- Of Monsters and Men.


"It's Time" -- Imagine Dragons. I was exposed to this song on my birthday. 
At first I thought it was a sad song, but now I 
know that it is just the kind of song for me. :)



"Lost My Pieces" from anime Toradora. 
This version is performed by ~ishter-kun~ (Tehishter). I just found it today 
while looking for songs to listen to at work. This song is really helping me 
right now to express what I'm feeling.   


Thanks for reading!

You all have a good weekend and take care! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment