Translate

Tuesday 31 December 2019

BLOG -- Recap of December

December was a busy month. It was pretty much the same as November where I spent any spare time on my New Year's Resolutions. After this blog I will likely spend the rest of today working on my New Year's Resolutions. I am soooo close to finishing two of them! 


Outings / Events in December:
- Hung out with friends overall x4.

- Had a Board Game night at work. It was so much fun!

- I built and decorated a gingerbread house for a contest at work. It was my first time ever decorating a gingerbread house and I had some help from a few co-workers. My house won the contest!

- I had a "date" with myself on Christmas eve. A movie, lunch, and karaoke. It was really fun! XD

- Participated in a book exchange event at work. Participants buy and wrap a book they know nothing about and an exchange happens. I hope the book I received will be a good read! :)

- Participated in a Dirty Santa gift exchange at work. The first gift I picked was something I really wanted, but it was stolen from me, booo... Overall, it was fun.

- Karaoked by myself x1 (yes! My coughing is finally 99% gone!).

- Stayed over at my sister's place x0.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I've re-subbed and for quite a long period. I'm hoping this will encourage me to log in more often in the new year, since I do want to catch up!


Exposures:
- (Game): 20-Second Showdown -- This was really a fun game.

- (Game): Forbidden Island -- This was also really fun and also stressful!


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Knives Out -- This was a fun watch. Daniel Crag's accent was completely unexpected!

- (Movie): Widows -- Very enjoyable.

- (Movie): Oldboy (original Korean version)-- Wow. Just wow. Not for the faint of heart!

- (Movie): Hereditary -- I started watching this not knowing what kind of horror movie it was. I silently cursed myself once I found out.

- (Movie - Anime): I Want to Eat Your Pancreas -- It was really good. I could really relate to the main guy character.

- (Movie - Anime): Psycho-Pass: The Movie -- I watched this after finishing Season 2. I'm just happy to see Kogami again. <3 <3 <3

- (Anime): Psycho-Pass (Season 2) -- Not as good as the first season, but still really good.


Playing:
- (PSP): Persona -- I played this on the easiest difficulty and I still played very cautiously. I gamed over a few times in the last dungeon before deciding to spend a day just level grinding. It's very different from the Persona 3/4/5 games, but I can really appreciate Persona 1. It's so interesting to see how the Persona series evolved! :)

- (PSP): Half Minute Hero -- This was okay. I enjoyed Evil Lord 30 more than Hero 30. I said "Screw you" to beating Hero 3. The music was decent.

- (PS2): Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis -- I initially thought I'd be able to finish this in about 60 hours, after seeing how long it took me to play through a few chapters. Somehow I finished the game with over 100 hours clocked. Some improvements could have been made, but overall it was a really fun game. Roxis was my favourite.

- (PS4): Journey -- The first level made me feel so nauseous. After that, though, it was a visual experience. I actually journeyed with a couple random players, too.

- (PS4): Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon -- I played through one route. This was everything I loved and hated about the Castlevania games. Thank goodness there was a Casual difficulty where I didn't experience knockback after getting hit. I plan to play this a few more times in the new year.

- (PS4): Nights of Azure -- In the beginning it felt like a trudge. In the end, though, it was fun and enjoyable. I'll work on some of the post-game stuffs in the new year.


Reading:
- (Manga): Cat Diary: Yon & Mu by Junji Ito -- This is the most creepy yet hilarious manga I've read all year.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud
- (PS4): Kingdom Hearts Final Remix (from Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix)
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
- (PS4): Fez
- (PS4): Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS2): Drakengard
- (Xbox 360): Magna Carta II
- (Xbox 360): Fable III
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Culdcept Revolt
- (3DS): Miitopia
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7 - Episode 7)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 15)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 2)
- (TV Show): Galavant (Season 1 - Episode 5)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 7)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 3 - Episode 15)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 3?)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Food Wars (Season 4)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 3)
- (Anime): Carole & Tuesday (Part 1 - Episode 5)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 804)


Reading:
- (Comic): Bodie Troll by Jay Fosgitt
- (Manga): Princess Jellyfish by Akiko Higashimura (Volume 3)


That's it for December. Here are some pics I took this month plus a YouTube video.

My gingerbread house from one side.

The same gingerbread house from the other side.
When I was building this I knew I wanted to do something a little different!

Forbidden Island.
It's a stressful but fun game!

Ahh, Kurasame from Final Fantasy Type-0.
I will always remember you and your class! <3

Holy Alina from Magia Record. I, um, "whaled" for her... T____T

"Hungry Days" x Bump of Chicken.
From my research (please correct me if I'm wrong), "Hungry Days" is an ad campaign 
for Cup Noodles, and the campaign features various anime / manga characters.
The video above features characters from One Piece but in a school setting.
Watching the video really makes me want to continue reading the series! <3


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

Finally -- 2019 is almost over! The next blog will be the lonnnng blog that I do every year.

Take care and Happy New Year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment