Translate

Sunday 30 January 2022

BLOG -- Recap of January

January was a movie-filled month as I was making the most of my accidental Amazon Prime subscription. In total I watched 13 movies and Season 3 of an anime series. The slightly nutty thing is that I watched all those movies / shows on the weekends only (I'm hooked up to my work computer during the weekdays, so no Amazon Prime access at those times). 

I also did my best to rest my wrists since they were aching a lot in December (probably 'cuz I was crazily finishing up my resolutions and working a lot). I ended up working overtime every week this month, though, so I'm not sure how well I did in resting my wrists... >_>

"Outings" / Events in January:
- Had a LINE voice chat with my friends. It was fun
. We talked a lot about Western-made live-action adaptations and live-action adaptations in general.

- I finished one of my "resolutions" for the year: reading 12 volumes' worth of manga using my Shonen Jump subscription. :) 


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-My subscription's still expired.


Exposures:
- (video game): Mon Amour -- You press only one button in this game, but it's pretty tough to master.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Noriko's Dinner Table -- I think this was better than Suicide Club theme-wise, but it's as extreme and disturbing. Maybe even a little more extreme. Not for impressionable minds.

- (Movie): This is England -- It was rough watching some parts of it.

- (Movie): mother! -- What a crazy movie, but it was really good. I don't know why, but I couldn't keep my eyes off the movie. It felt like my eyes were glued. That guy did not deserve her love at all.

- (Movie): Waves -- Not my kind of movie, but it was well done.

- (Movie): Caché -- I don't know how I feel about this movie. I hate the main character.

- (Movie): Minority Report -- The concept is really interesting.

- (Movie): Catch Me If You Can -- Very, very fun and entertaining.

- (Movie): Tropic Thunder -- It was okay.

- (Movie): The Green Inferno -- Why do I do this to myself? Hahaha. It's just okay, but it's pretty disturbing.

- (Movie): Chaos Walking -- It's a funny movie, but not in a good way.

- (Movie): The Crow -- Very nice atmosphere, and nice emotion at certain scenes. RIP Brandon Lee.

- (Movie): Ginger Snaps -- I don't know how I feel about this movie. It's crazy and neat.

- (Movie): The VelociPastor -- It's one of those so-bad-that-it's-good movies. It did a decent job.

- (Movie): Snowpiercer -- This was interesting.

- (Anime - Movie): Liz and the Blue Bird -- It's slow-paced, but has good emotion. I can empathize with Mizore.

- (Anime - Movie): Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System - Case 1: Crime and Punishment -- This was okay.

- (Anime - Movie): Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System - Case 2: First Guardian -- I liked this more than case 1.

- (Anime - Movie): Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System - Case 3: In the Realm Beyond Is ___ -- I'm just glad I got to see him again. Who, you ask? Watch it to find out, haha. ;)

- (Anime): Psycho-Pass: I have a feeling that there will be more seasons, but I just wanna say that Psycho-Pass is a great series, with so many thought-provoking themes / concepts. Whenever the next thing comes along, I just hope I have access to it.

- (Anime): Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma -- I could do without all the ecchi... other than that, it was a really fun series. I liked the creativity in the dishes and I enjoyed watching the characters grow. Megumi is still my favourite. Eishi is a close second.

- (Anime): Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma OVAs -- I'm just lumping all the OVAs here. They were okay. I enjoyed Takumi's episode the most.

Playing:
- (PS4): Genius Minesweeper -- I do enjoy playing Minesweeper and solving puzzles (most of the time). I'll still be playing it a bit in February to get the rest of the trophies.

Reading:
- (Picture book) Ravina the Witch? by Junko Mizuno -- This was okay.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud 2
- (PS4): Skyrim
- (PS4): Yakuza 5 Remastered
- (PS4): Trine 2 (co-oping this only, lol)
- (PS3):
 Borderlands 2
- (PSP):
 Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
- (3DS): Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)

Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7 - Episode 8)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 15)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 3)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 8)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 3)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Carole & Tuesday (Part 1 - Episode 5)
- (Anime): Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (Episode 2)
- (Anime): Gintama (Episode 13)
- (YouTube): 
StephenVlogs (Day 1042)

Reading:
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume ?? -- Chapter 1036)
- (Manga): Berserk by Kentaro Miura (Volume 2)
- (Manga): Assassination Classroom by Yusei Matsui (Volume 13)


That's it for January. Here are some pics / screenshots I took this month plus a YouTube video.


I organized a wishlist gift-giving thing with my LINE friends. It was originally for Christmas,
but things got busy so we delayed it to January. These were the gifts I received
(they were among a bunch of things on my wishlist). The cupcakes are already eaten,
and the Monaco cookies are 2/3rds done. If you're wondering why
I had a Cookbook "for Men" on my wishlist, well -- I was curious
what sort of recipes it would have, hahaha. :3

My calendar for 2022. Oh how I miss sushi... ;__;

The top 5 PS4 games I spent the most time on in 2020. I spent 1788 hours in total...
meaning that only 180 hours are not counted here (a lot of that probably
went into Yakuza 3 Remastered). May the PS4 continue logging my
Genshin time in 2021, hahaha XD

A screenshot of an "intermission / break" part of the Valentine event in SINoALICE.
It'd be great if they formatted all their events this way.

What happened when I pressed the "Save" at the bottom, hahaha.

It's an old class in SINoALICE, but I finally got her. I bought her hammer months ago
and was waiting to be able to select it in the LB grimoire.
This was my strategy of getting this class, hahaha.

"The Discipline of Finishing: Conor Neill at TEDxUniversidaddeNavarra" 
This is a pretty inspiring TED talk.
I wonder how I'd do in that Marshmallow Test at the age of 3...


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free.

To those celebrating Lunar New Year in a couple days, Happy Lunar New Year!!! XD Remember to wash your hair before the actual day (it's a big superstition / taboo)! 

Take care, stay safe, and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment