Translate

Friday 2 June 2023

BLOG -- Recap of May

Things are still busy. I have to spend some time in June packing.


"Outings" / Events in May:
- I went to a concert for Man With a Mission. I'll be blogging about it this weekend.

- Did an escape room with my sister, her husband, and my boyfriend (yes, I have one now). It was really fun! I solved one puzzle.

- Had a double-date. It was a good time.

- I hung out with my sister and our LINE friends. I haven't seen my LINE friends for a long time so I was really happy to see them! XD <3

- I got a new phone. It's to prepare myself for an upcoming trip (more details about that later this month). I now have a Galaxy S23.


Exposures:
- (Restaurant): Slowhand Sourdough Pizza -- I didn't go to the restaurant but I did try out the pizza. It's pretty good! 


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Mercury Rising -- Not really memorable.

- (Movie): The Accidental Husband -- I watched this for Colin Firth. It was amusing to see the actor who plays Negan from The Walking Dead here as well. The movie itself was okay.

- (Movie): Inkheart -- I watched this for Brendan Fraser. The movie had some potential.

- (Movie): 21 -- It pales in comparison to other card game movies.

- (Movie): Malignant -- It's pretty decent.

- (Movie): Guillermo Del Toro's Pinocchio -- I've never watched Disney's Pinocchio (animated nor live-action). I'm so happy that Guillermo Del Toro's version was my first Pinocchio movie. It's fantastic! :)

- (Movie): Godzilla vs Kong -- It's okay.

- (Movie): Unknown -- I watched this for Liam Neeson. He was the only good part.

- (Movie): House of Wax -- Kinda unsettling.

- (Movie): When Marnie Was There -- This was okay.

- (Movie): A Silent Voice: The Movie -- This was hard to watch at times, but done well.

- (Movie): The Lego Movie -- My expectations were subverted. It was a funny, heartful movie.

- (Movie): The Mask of Zorro -- Quite entertaining for an older movie.

- (Movie): Dr. Cabbie -- Some of the humour didn't land for me, but I liked that the movie was shot in Toronto.

Playing:
- Nothing this time.

Reading:
- (Graphic Novel): A.D. After Death by Scott Snyder, Jeff Lemire -- The premise was interesting but I didn't really care for the main character.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud 2
- (PS4): Skyrim
- (PS4): Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered
- (PS4): Moon: Remix RPG Adventure
- (PS4): Yakuza 6: Song of Life
- (PS4): Baldur's Gate I: Enhanced Edition
- (PS4): One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PSP): Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
- (3DS): Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)

Watching:
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 15)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 3)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (TV Show): Stranger Things (Season 5)
- (TV Show): The Boys (Season 4)
- (TV Show): Love Death + Robots (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 4)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Kakegurui (Season 3?)
- (Anime): Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (Episode 2)
- (Anime): Gintama (Episode 13)
- (Anime): Tokyo Revengers (Season 2)
- (Anime): Gurren Lagann (Episode 6)
- (Anime): Chihayafuru (Season 4?)
- (Anime): One Punch Man (Season 2)
- (Anime): Fate/Apocrypha (Season 2)
- (Anime): Junji Ito's Japanese Tales of the Macabre (Episode 3)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 1061)

Reading:
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume ?? -- Chapter 1057)
- (Manga): Berserk by Kentaro Miura (Volume 2)


That's it for May. Here are a few pics / screenshots I took this month plus a YouTube video.


I went to Pizza Saint Tropez again. This time the pizza has mochi on it. The mochi has an interesting texture but it was mostly tasteless. I prefer the pizza I had last time.

The pizza I had from Slowhand Pizza. The crust was very crunchy.

I finally try out the melon bun from Hattendo. It's different from other melon buns I've tried. I like it.

New limited chip flavours (I don't know if they are still available). I didn't really like either of them. I thought they were too cheesy.

What I did with my LINE friends: Dim sum! Mmmm.

I thought this drink was only available in the US. I tried it because of Stephen Georg's old vlog videos. It tastes like a Jolly Rancher green apple.

Geese!

Congrats to my guild!

"Why Twilight Makes NO SENSE" by Josh Strife Says.
He's so hilarious. I don't get to watch enough Josh streams these days.



Thanks for reading!


As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free.


Have fun, take care, and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment