Translate

Monday 4 September 2023

BLOG -- Recap of August

August was uneventful for the most part but it was still very busy. I am trying a new direction for myself.


"Outings" / Events in August:
- Attended a social event focused on investing. It was interesting and I liked eating a bunch of food.

- Had lunch with a former co-worker.

- Met up with my sister and a friend for my belated birthday. It was a really fun time! :)

- Had a dentist appointment :'(


Exposures:
- (Series): One Piece on Netflix -- I watched it for 10 minutes before pausing. Something about it didn't really sit right with me, though I may give it another chance in the future.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Panic Room -- It was okay.

- (Movie): The Karate Kid (2010) -- A bit too long with meh romance. I prefer the original.

- (Movie): Space Jam: A New Legacy -- Not my kind of movie.

- (Movie): Venom -- It's entertaining for the most part.

- (Movie): Simply Irresistible -- Very cheesy. I'd like to have that kind of power when cooking.

- (Movie): Blade -- Pretty good for an old movie.

- (Documentary): Voyeur -- There were some interesting stories but other than that, the portrayals of some of the people seemed a bit off for me.

Playing:
- Nothing this month.

Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud 2
- (PS4): Skyrim
- (PS4): Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered
- (PS4): Moon: Remix RPG Adventure
- (PS4): Yakuza 6: Song of Life
- (PS4): Baldur's Gate I: Enhanced Edition
- (PS4): One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PSP): Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
- (3DS): Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
- (PC): Baldur's Gate 3
- (Mobile): Bloons TD 6

Watching:
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 15)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 3)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (TV Show): Stranger Things (Season 5)
- (TV Show): The Boys (Season 4)
- (TV Show): Love Death + Robots (Season 1 - Episode 6)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 4)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Kakegurui (Season 3?)
- (Anime): Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (Episode 2)
- (Anime): Gintama (Episode 13)
- (Anime): Tokyo Revengers (Season 2)
- (Anime): Gurren Lagann (Episode 6)
- (Anime): Chihayafuru (Season 4?)
- (Anime): One Punch Man (Season 2)
- (Anime): Fate/Apocrypha (Season 2)
- (Anime): Junji Ito's Japanese Tales of the Macabre (Episode 5)
- (Anime): Demon Slayers (Season 4)
- (Anime): Mobile Suit GUNDAM - Iron Blooded Orphans (Season 2 - Episode 8)
- (Anime): Birdie Wing -Golf Girl's Story- (Season 1 - Episode 2)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 1061)

Reading:
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume ?? -- Chapter 1091)
- (Manga): Berserk by Kentaro Miura (Volume 2)


That's it for August. Here are some pics I took this month plus a YouTube video.


Some moment in Baldur's Gate 3.

Some of the foods I ate at the social event.

One of the guests at the social event. He was speaking with various attendees every now and then. I was happy to actually see him.

A new menu item at Hattendo (Markham location). It's like a dessert bread. I was surprised to find white chocolate inside. It's good but I can only eat small slices at a time.

Munching on this tastes almost like munching on KFC chicken skins.

I haven't eaten this in years. It kinda tastes nostalgic.

Whee, we made top 20!

"Best Investing Account? TFSA vs RRSP vs RESP vs FHSA" by Canadian in a T-Shirt.
I'd agree with his strategy.



Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free.

Have fun, take care, and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment