Translate

Wednesday 31 January 2024

BLOG -- Recap of January

January had a few outings. Other than that, it was pretty uneventful.


Outings / Events in January:
- Did an escape room with my boyfriend and some friends. It was really fun. We also went to an all-you-can-eat hotpot restaurant afterwards, which was a new experience for me.

- Went to Sudbury with my boyfriend for one weekend. It was a mini-adventure.

- Had a voice chat with LINE friends. It was fun as usual.


Exposures:
- Nothing this time.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): The Sound of Metal -- This was a bit unique, though a bit too sombre for me.

- (Movie): Snowden -- Very well done.

- (Movie): The Batman -- This was pretty good.

- (Movie): Last Night in Soho -- Very well shot and at times unpredictable. I highly recommend.

- (Movie): The Matrix: Resurrections -- I think I understand the plot, but I wish the action scenes were better.

- (Movie): Non-Stop -- It's a bit over-the-top, but it kept me at suspense at times.

- (Anime): Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood -- For a series that is kinda old now (15 years old), it's really good. With how brutal and unpredictable it can be, I'd say it can rival many series that are out today. I'm impressed.

Playing:
- (PS4): Faeria -- I'm still playing this but I finished the co-op campaign with my boyfriend so I'll consider it done. I'm a sucker for card games and Faeria is pretty fun.

Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud 2
- (PS4): Skyrim
- (PS4): Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered
- (PS4): Moon: Remix RPG Adventure
- (PS4): Yakuza 6: Song of Life
- (PS4): Baldur's Gate I: Enhanced Edition
- (PS4): Nobody Saves the World
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PSP): Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
- (3DS): Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
- (Mobile): Bloons TD 6

Watching:
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds: Evolution (Season 2)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (TV Show): Stranger Things (Season 5)
- (TV Show): The Boys (Season 4)
- (TV Show): Love Death + Robots (Season 1 - Episode 6)
- (TV Show): Bob's Burgers (Season 5 - Episode 6)
- (TV Show): Soul Land (Episode 9)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 4)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Kakegurui (Season 3?)
- (Anime): Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (Episode 2)
- (Anime): Gintama (Episode 13)
- (Anime): Tokyo Revengers (Season 2 - Episode 25)
- (Anime): Gurren Lagann (Episode 6)
- (Anime): Chihayafuru (Season 4?)
- (Anime): One Punch Man (Season 2)
- (Anime): Fate/Apocrypha (Season 2)
- (Anime): Junji Ito's Japanese Tales of the Macabre (Episode 5)
- (Anime): Demon Slayers (Season 4)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 1061)

Reading:
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume ?? -- Chapter 1106)
- (Manga): Berserk by Kentaro Miura (Volume 2)


That's it for January. Here are some pics and screenshot I took this month plus a YouTube video.

Some sushi I had with my boyfriend one weekend. I miss Japan so much!

A shot of Sudbury. It didn't seem that different from Toronto, 'cept for the trees.

The food at the all-you-can-eat hot pot place. I'd like to go again sometime.

It's official -- I'm really enjoying Blue Archive. I've finished the main story already and am strategically holding the gacha currency for specific banners (like how I am with FGO).

"Let's talk about MMO systems, 'whales', my thoughts on new MMOs." by Josh Strife Says.
Josh can be so insightful.


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. 

I promise this -- I'll get the rest of the Japan blogs done before the end of February. To anybody waiting for the next one, I am so sorry for the delay!! *bows*

No comments:

Post a Comment