Translate

Saturday 31 August 2024

BLOG -- Recap of August

August was focused on my health. I haven't had a regular check-up since my family doctor retired over five years ago and my boyfriend was worried (he's so sweet).


Outings / Events in August:
- I went to a walk-in clinic for a check-up, which is called something like "preventive care" these days. I had a blood test and ultrasound done.

- I also had a colonoscopy. Prepping for it was not fun.

- During the last couple weeks of August, I got COVID. Again. =_= My father tested positive earlier and then four days afterwards I started displaying symptoms. Due to it, one hang out was cancelled and another hang out I didn't attend. The first five days were rough, feeling pretty much the same symptoms I had when I got COVID the first time. Currently I'm feeling much better though I'm still having coughing fits from time to time.


Exposures:
- Nothing this month.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Hunt for the Wilderpeople -- This was entertaining.

- (Movie): Despicable Me 3 -- It was okay.

- (Movie): The Kids Are All Right -- It wasn't my kind of movie, but it was well acted.

- (Movie): Once Upon a Time in Hollywood -- It was okay.

- (Movie): Dune (1984) -- This was really funny in a cringe way. Some scenes were easier to follow than the more recent Dune movies. Between this and the more recent movies, watch Dune (1984) if you want to laugh and cringe.

Playing:
- Nothing this month.

Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud 2
- (PS4): Skyrim
- (PS4): Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered
- (PS4): Moon: Remix RPG Adventure
- (PS4): Yakuza 6: Song of Life
- (PS4): Baldur's Gate I: Enhanced Edition
- (PS4): Dungeon Punks
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PSP): Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
- (3DS): Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
- (Mobile): Bloons TD 6

Watching:
- (Series): Criminal Minds: Evolution (Season 2)
- (Series): The Goldbergs (Season 5)
- (Series): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (Series): Stranger Things (Season 5)
- (Series): The Boys (Season 4)
- (Series): Love Death + Robots (Season 1 - Episode 9)
- (Series): Bob's Burgers (Season 5 - Episode 6)
- (Series): Arcane: League of Legends (Season 2)
- (Series): Flower of Evil (Episode 14)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 4)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Kakegurui (Season 3?)
- (Anime): Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (Episode 2)
- (Anime): Gintama (Episode 13)
- (Anime): Tokyo Revengers (Season 2 - Episode 25)
- (Anime): Gurren Lagann (Episode 6)
- (Anime): Chihayafuru (Season 4?)
- (Anime): One Punch Man (Season 2)
- (Anime): Fate/Apocrypha (Season 2)
- (Anime): Junji Ito's Japanese Tales of the Macabre (Episode 5)
- (Anime): Demon Slayers (Season 4)
- (Anime): Jujutsu Kaisen (Season 3)
- (Anime): Hunter x Hunter (2011 version) (Episode 111)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 1061)

Reading:
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume ?? -- Chapter 1125)
- (Manga): Berserk by Kentaro Miura (Volume 2)
- (Novel): 86 by Asato Asato (Volume 2)


That's it for August. Here are some pics and screenshots I took this month plus a YouTube video.

A bakery with lots of slightly pricey but cute cakes and macarons.

I tried these from the bakery. The dog-shaped macaron was tiramisu-flavoured and the toast-looking cake tasted like a chocolate fruity toast.

After almost four years of playing Genshin I finally get Diluc. He was my choice for the 5-star selector thingy.

I hope this character will be pull-able in the future for Blue Archive.

"THE CAN OPENER BRIDGE" by Wonder World.
It's kinda crazy that a place like this exists.


Thanks for reading! For those having Monday off for Labour Day, enjoy the long weekend!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free.

Take care and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment