Translate

Friday, 31 July 2026

BLOG - Recap of July

July was fairly busy. My birthday came and passed. My boyfriend bought me the tiramisu scoop cake from Costco, which was something I wanted to try out. It wasn't that good in my opinion. 


Outings / Events in July:
- Met up with some former co-workers for a sushi buffet lunch. It was fun.

- Did an escape room with my friend, boyfriend, sister, and her husband for my birthday. We did the "Last Resort" room and was one puzzle away from getting out! It was a good and scary time.

- I took advantage of a promotion and am subscribed to Amazon Prime for a couple months. I can catch up on some shows now. I'll definitely be re-watching Project Hail Mary at some point.


Exposures:
- Nothing this month.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Dressed to Kill -- Some parts of it are definitely dated, but overall I thought it was a decent movie. Some of the twists were unexpected or amusing.

- (Movie): Tár -- I really enjoyed this.

- (Movie): Lars and the Real Girl -- For such an odd premise, I really liked how the subject matter was treated. Very beautiful and emotional.

- (Movie): 12 Angry Men (1957) -- I'm not one for black and white movies, but this kept my attention throughout. I think it'd be great if more people watched this awesome movie.

- (Movie): The Sheep Detectives -- It was a lot more thought-provoking than I expected. I really enjoyed it.

- (Movie): To Freedom -- The low movie budget really shows.

- (Movie): La Cage aux Folles -- It's not really my kind of movie, but it's okay.

- (Movie): City of God -- It was well done, but too grim for my liking.

- (Series): The Boys -- The first few seasons were good, and it was just okay afterwards. I'm glad it's finally over.

Playing:
- (PC): Divinity: Original Sin (Enhanced Edition) -- It was a long game but my boyfriend and I finally beat it. I enjoyed all the exploration and looting.

- (PS4): Black Bird -- I surprised myself when I finally cleared the True Mode. I got the worst ending but I'm counting it! It was a crazy experience but I enjoyed it.

Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS5): Gal Guardians: Demon Purge
- (PS4): Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
- (PS4): Dark Cloud 2
- (PS4): Skyrim
- (PS4): Moon: Remix RPG Adventure
- (PS4): Baldur's Gate I: Enhanced Edition
- (PS4): My Time At Portia
- (PSP): Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
- (3DS): Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
- (PC): Crusader Kings III
- (PC): The Planet Crafter
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest III
- (Mobile): Bloons TD 6

Watching:
- (Series): Criminal Minds: Evolution (Season 2)
- (Series): The Goldbergs (Season 5)
- (Series): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (Series): Stranger Things (Season 5 - Episode 5)
- (Series): Bob's Burgers (Season 5 - Episode 6)
- (Series): Squid Game (Season 3)
- (Series): House of the Dragon (Season 3)
- (Series): Shrinking (Season 4)
- (Series): Invincible (Season 4)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 4)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Kakegurui (Season 3?)
- (Anime): Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (Episode 2)
- (Anime): Gintama (Episode 13)
- (Anime): Tokyo Revengers (Season 4)
- (Anime): Gurren Lagann (Episode 10)
- (Anime): Chihayafuru (Season 4?)
- (Anime): One Punch Man (Season 3?)
- (Anime): Junji Ito's Japanese Tales of the Macabre (Episode 5)
- (Anime): Demon Slayers (Season 4 - Movie 2)
- (Anime): Jujutsu Kaisen (Season 3 - Episode 54)
- (Anime): Naruto: Shippuden (Season 3 - Episode 54)
- (Anime): Umamusume: Pretty Derby (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Made in Abyss (Season 1 - Episode 8)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 1061)

Reading:
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume ?? -- Chapter 1148) <-- I'm behind again
- (Manga): Berserk by Kentaro Miura (Volume 2)
- (Manga): Hunter x Hunter by Yoshihiro Togashi (Volume 10)
- (Novel): 86 by Asato Asato (Volume 2)


That's it for July. Here are a couple pics, some screenshots, and a couple videos I screen recorded of my races in Umamusume.

Some of the stuff ordered at the sushi buffet.

I found out that 86 was no longer on Crunchyroll so my boyfriend got the Blu-Ray for me as a birthday gift. I will never forget! <3

Summer Gold Ship came at 30 rolls!

Copano Rickey came at 21 rolls! To balance my insane luck, I did 400 rolls in the Light Hello / Agnes Tachyon banner and got nothing in the last 200 rolls.

One of the Leo Cup races where Copano Rickey (with C Turf) won :). You might need to enlarge it to see the video properly.

This is the Leo Cup Finals. I won but which uma in my team won? Did you guess correctly? I'm so proud of her 'cuz she's rank S+ against a sea of SS & UG ranked umas! :) <3


Thanks for reading! The next blog will likely be different from the usual Japan blogs as I gotta ramble on a change in one of the gacha games.


As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free.

Take care and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment