Translate

Monday, 31 August 2026

BLOG -- Recap of August

August was a pretty busy month. I watched a fair amount of movies. I went out a few times. And I did some cooking. 


Outings / Events in August:
- My boyfriend and I attended a friend's wedding. It was a lovely time.

- My boyfriend and I checked out one of the days for the Japan Fest that was happening in Mississauga. We couldn't stay for the whole day, but it was nice seeing all the vendors, stalls, and performances.

- I participated in the "PlayStation Blackout" and did not log into my PS5 from August 23 - August 30. It was a bit inconvenient because I usually watch things from Crunchyroll or Amazon Prime from the PS5 during dinner and sometimes lunch. We ended up watching things from my boyfriend's laptop instead.

- I made some fried banana balls for the first time. It was fun, though some of them came out burnt. I thought they still tasted good.


Exposures:
- Nothing this month.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Tony -- The main character was a bit annoying at times, but I enjoyed the movie overall.

- (Movie): Death Proof -- The first half was a bit slow, but the second half was very enjoyable.

- (Movie): Bridget Jones: Mad About the Boy -- I think I enjoyed this movie the most out of the Bridget Jones movies (please don't hate me! lol).

- (Movie): The Graduate -- Didn't like it, though that might have been the intention.

- (Movie): The Handmaid's Tale -- Most of it seemed pretty faithful to the novel, though for a movie it was just okay.

- (Movie): Koyaanisqatsi -- Not my kind of movie or documentary, though the music at time reminded me of other music from things I liked.

- (Movie): Invitation to a Murder -- It was okay.

- (Movie): Extremities -- Not really that good.

- (Movie): Original Sin -- Pretty bad.

- (Movie): Five Nights at Freddy's 2 -- I think this was a bit better than the first movie, but it's pretty bad.

Playing:
- (PC): Princess Maker Refine -- I enjoyed it but some of the options are quite unbalanced. I got the Kingdom Commander ending.

- (PC): The Planet Crafter -- I played this with my boyfriend and it was a fun experience. We've seen all the endings, but we are still terraforming one more planet before being completely done.

- (PC): Unpacking -- This was a fun and relaxing experience.

Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS5): Gal Guardians: Demon Purge
- (PS4): Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
- (PS4): Dark Cloud 2
- (PS4): Skyrim
- (PS4): Moon: Remix RPG Adventure
- (PS4): Baldur's Gate I: Enhanced Edition
- (PS4): My Time At Portia
- (PSP): Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
- (3DS): Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
- (PC): Crusader Kings III
- (Mobile): Dragon Quest III
- (Mobile): Bloons TD 6

Watching:
- (Series): Criminal Minds: Evolution (Season 2)
- (Series): The Goldbergs (Season 5)
- (Series): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (Series): Stranger Things (Season 5 - Episode 5)
- (Series): Bob's Burgers (Season 5 - Episode 6)
- (Series): Squid Game (Season 3)
- (Series): House of the Dragon (Season 4)
- (Series): Shrinking (Season 4)
- (Series): Invincible (Season 4)
- (Series): Nirvana the Band the Show (Episode 6)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 4)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Kakegurui (Season 3?)
- (Anime): Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (Episode 2)
- (Anime): Gintama (Episode 13)
- (Anime): Tokyo Revengers (Season 4)
- (Anime): Gurren Lagann (Episode 10)
- (Anime): Chihayafuru (Season 4?)
- (Anime): One Punch Man (Season 3?)
- (Anime): Junji Ito's Japanese Tales of the Macabre (Episode 5)
- (Anime): Demon Slayers (Season 4 - Movie 2)
- (Anime): Jujutsu Kaisen (Season 3 - Episode 60)
- (Anime): Naruto: Shippuden (Season 3 - Episode 63)
- (Anime): Umamusume: Pretty Derby (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Made in Abyss (Season 2)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 1061)

Reading:
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume ?? -- Chapter 1148) <-- I'm behind again
- (Manga): Berserk by Kentaro Miura (Volume 2)
- (Manga): Hunter x Hunter by Yoshihiro Togashi (Volume 10)
- (Novel): 86 by Asato Asato (Volume 2)


That's it for August. Here are a few pics, a summary of my pulls in Blue Archive, a couple videos I screen recorded of my races in Umamusume, and a video I watched on YouTube.

Some of the stalls at the Japan Fest. It was quite crowded!

My Dress Hina figure came! She looks very pretty. 

I tried out one of the World Heist menu items at McDonald's -- Japan's Garlic & Black Pepper Chicken McNuggets with Black Garlic dipping sauce. It was a little pricey but not bad. It has a kick to it.

Some of the fried banana balls -- some burnt and some not. I ate probably over 10 pieces on the first day.

Even though I got Niko and Kurumi at 90 rolls, I continued pulling for the full 200 rolls since this will likely be the last time I'll be interacting with original gacha system. The next time I pull will be when the gacha system changes. After 200 rolls, I sparked another copy of Kurumi. RIP Blue Archive's original gacha system! o7

One of the Libra Cup races where Summer Gold Ship won! I am running her for fun and I was surprised that Summer Gold Ship won even once... until I looked at the other umas ^^; You might need to enlarge the video to see it properly.

Valentine Mihono Bourbon won for this Libra Cup race and got me to A finals. I suspect my Symboli Rudolf helped make it happen :) 

"How Organizing Became the New Clutter" by That Practical Mom. There is some useful information here.


Thanks for reading!


As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free.

Take care and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment