Translate

Friday 31 May 2019

BLOG -- Recap of May

The first three weeks of May were the same as April -- busy busy. With my new computer being built late last month, I was doing my best to catch up on all my bloggings (three long, long blogs. I stayed up until like 2 AM finishing the Undertale blog and I woke up at 6:30 AM that same day to get ready to meet with a friend). I was quite the zombie during that time... (f',,,,')f

Now it seems like work is starting to wind down a bit, thankfully. I need my sleeps -- and I really gotta finish some of those games and series on my list! Hahaha @_______@'''


Outings/Events in May:
- Hung out with friends overall x4.

- Attended Anime North with a friend (my blog is coming!!)

- Had a dentist appointment *wahhhhhhh* T______T.

- Did an escape room with my sister, her hubby, and three of my co-workers. We did The Unknown at Escape Games Canada. Since my sister, her hubby, and I did this room in the past, we decided not to "interfere" (except when helping with puzzles we forgot the solutions to), to see how the others would fare. We solved all the puzzles but did not get out, lol.

- Celebrated my sister's late birthday with a friend.

- Had a Lieu Day (today, in fact). I was out doing a bunch of errands in the morning, and now I'm at home blogging while listening to musics.

- I caught the second half of Active NEETs' YouTube stream on Wed. May 29. I wish the video itself was uploaded. It was really fun and organic. They played some musics from Final Fantasy VI and V, Street Fighter, and then "Butter-Fly" from Digimon, "We Are!" from One Piece, and other tunes. Absolutely loved it. Hope I'll be able to catch them again if they do another streaming like that in the future. <3

- I succeeded in my "no potato chip" challenge last month so I broke it halfway through this month (I do love my chips!). I'll start up the challenge again another time, though I might not mention it here.

- Karaoked by myself x0.

- Stayed over at my sister's place x0.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I've re-subbed mainly to get the regalia during the Final Fantasy XV collaboration event. I got it, too! I've recently pre-ordered the new expansion (Shadowbringers), but I'm still soooooo behind in Stormblood. u____u'''

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius achievements / news: 
-My rank is currently 183 (yay I can leave the game alone for 15 hours and 5 minutes)
-I've been hoarding my lapis like a squirrel. Where's the Secret of Mana banner with Flammie??? :O


Exposures:
- (Musician): Madeon -- I've started listening to more tunes from this guy (all thanks to that "Beings" AMV I saw at IFFT last month). I like what I've heard so far! :)

- (Food): Japanese souffle pancake -- I tried this from Fuwa Fuwa (a Japanese pancake place), and it was soo yummy. So soft and fluffy. Quite pricey, though. I'd try it again.

- (Food): Pokeball tapioca bubbles -- Onezo Tapioca were selling Pokeball tapioca bubbles for a limited time. It was made of red rice, black charcoal, and coconut. I had them with a peach green tea. They were yummy and fun!


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Detective Pikachu -- It had more story than I was anticipating. I like the idea of living in a world with pokemon. :)

- (Movie): Happy Death Day -- It wasn't the best, but I was entertained. Thankfully I wasn't scared either.

- (TV Show): Game of Thrones -- Well... it ended. I enjoyed some things and some other things I did not like at all.


Playing:
- Nothing this month.


Reading:
- (Novel): Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk -- This was just crazy. So twisted and dark, but also entertaining and thought-provoking at times. I mini-hyperventilated at certain parts. I'd recommend it, but only if you're fine with reading twisted things


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud
- (PS4): Kingdom Hearts Final Remix (from Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix)
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
- (PS4): Fez
- (PS4): Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
- (PS4): Nights of Azure
- (PS4): Plague Inc.: Evolved
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS2): Drakengard
- (PS2): Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
- (Xbox 360): Magna Carta II
- (Xbox 360): Fable III
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Culdcept Revolt
- (3DS): Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
- (3DS): Miitopia
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7)
- (TV Show): Orphan Black (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 13 - Episode 17)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (TV Show): X-Files (Season 11)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 2)
- (TV Show): Galavant (Season 1 - Episode 5)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 7)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 3 - Episode 9)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
(Anime): Attack on Titan: Season 3 (episode 1)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 620 <-- Stephen and Mal's big day!!)


Reading:
- (Comic): Bodie Troll by Jay Fosgitt
- (Manga): Princess Jellyfish by Akiko Higashimura (Volume 2)
- (Book): Plight of the Living Dead by Matt Simon


That's it for May. Here are a few pics I took this month plus a video and a YouTube video.

I finally got to try out Joker!
I blanked out our names.
Whenever I get a Switch and this game, 
I am totally maining this guy!! XD

A souvenir a friend got me from New York.
For a loan shark, he's really lacking in clothes, lol.

The pokeball tapioca bubbles!
I asked my sister to stir with the straw so I could 
record the bubbles moving around, lol.
Please don't mind our banter, hahaha :)


"Shelter" from Porter Robinson & Madeon.
I was surprised the music video to this was an anime short.
The music accompanies the short very well. 
Too well, in fact, lol... :')


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)


Take care and until this Sunday (hopefully -- if I can finish my blog on time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment