Translate

Thursday 31 October 2019

BLOG -- Recap of October

October, as I predicted, has been very heavy with working on my New Year's Resolutions. I pretty much calculated that I would need to find and spend about 30 free hours each week to try finish some of my resolutions. With my 9-5 (sometimes way later than 5) work schedule each weekday, it's very challenging to find that much time. I also have other resolutions to work on after those. 

In terms of my being sick, I'm more or less feeling better these days, but I'm still coughing every now and then. I want my coughing to be gone so I can go karaoke!!! 



Outings / Events in October:
- Hung out with friends overall x3.

- Had a game day with my sister, her hubby, and our friend.

- Had another game day with my sister, her hubby, and our friends.

- Got a haircut. My hair is the shortest it's been in many years!

Tweeted Akai Ryusei (from Active NEETs) a happy birthday! I wish I could draw better.

- Hand-sewed shorts for the first time.

- Karaoked by myself x0 (I'm still coughing, so...).

- Stayed over at my sister's place x2.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-My subscription's run out and I'll leave it that way for a long while... even though I'd love to participate in the Nier: Automata collaboration / event thing.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius achievements / news: 
-My rank is currently 187 (yay I can leave the game alone for 15 hours and 15 minutes)
-Well, after a week of not being able to log in due to issues updating the game after maintenance (I kept getting errors saying to try updating through another connection, and I tried multiple places, multiple times), I've decided to become a super casual player. Frankly, I don't have time to spend being frustrated over this (I have other things to do). Due to this, I won't have this "Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius achievements / news" section anymore moving forward.


Exposures:
- (Card game): Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle -- I thought this was going to be a simple and dinky game, but I had a lot of fun, especially seeing all the Harry Potter references. I also really liked that this was a co-op game.

- (Food): Square-shaped donut -- This is from The Box Donut. The donuts are pricey, but I am willing to try it out a few more times. I really want to try out the tiramisu flavour.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie)Parasite -- I ended up watching this two times in the theatre. I was very curious why Parasite was so highly praised. Then I watched it and understood. I think the director has achieved the art of making addictive, strong cinematography.

- (TV Show): X-Files -- I think the series is done now. There were some misses with some episodes, but other ones were entertaining.


Playing:
- (NES): Earthbound Beginnings -- There is something just so quirky and charming about this game (and the Mother series overall). I will have to blog about it later!


Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud
- (PS4): Kingdom Hearts Final Remix (from Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix)
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
- (PS4): Fez
- (PS4): Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
- (PS4): Nights of Azure
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS2): Drakengard
- (PS2): Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
- (Xbox 360): Magna Carta II
- (Xbox 360): Fable III
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Culdcept Revolt
- (3DS): Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
- (3DS): Miitopia
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7 - Episode 4)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 15)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 2)
- (TV Show): Galavant (Season 1 - Episode 5)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 7)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 3 - Episode 15)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 3?)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Food Wars (Season 4)
- (Anime): Psycho-Pass (Season 1 - Episode 9)
- (Anime): Konosuba (Season 1 - Episode 4)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 761)


Reading:
- (Comic): Bodie Troll by Jay Fosgitt
- (Manga): Princess Jellyfish by Akiko Higashimura (Volume 3)


That's it for October. Here are some pics I took this month plus a YouTube video.

Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle.
Ron Weasley's parents were available to buy from the marketplace.

I think this fulfills all my Kickstarter stuff for Bloodstained!

The square donut. This was hazelnut flavoured.
It was just okay.


Something I picked up during Hobby Link Japan's super sale.


Yayyy, I got Madoka for Magia Record!

My costume for Halloween.
I decided on this fairly last minute as I suddenly thought, 
'This would go with my really short hair!'
I spent about 7 hours crappily making and hand-sewing those shorts.

Part 1 of Active NEETs x TAM's YouTube livestream on Oct. 31st.
The video I mention above became unlisted so here is 
Active NEETs x TAM's live session of Undertale's "Megalovania".
I don't remember if I've posted this video before, but it's 
my favourite arrangement of it.
I think Sans would be proud! :3 


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

There's a good chance that I won't be blogging every week to prioritize working on my New Year's Resolutions.

Take care, Happy Halloween, and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment