Translate

Friday 31 January 2020

BLOG -- Recap of January

January wasn't too bad work-wise, but it was quite dreary in the end, especially with the virus outbreak that's been going on (and is still going on). Since I commute to and from work every day, there is always the slight chance that I could be at the wrong place at the wrong time and I can get infected...

Fingers crossed that that doesn't happen! 



Outings / Events in January:
- Hung out with friends overall x2.

- Had a Board Game night at work. It was so much fun!

- I had a vacation day where I watched two movies I already watched in theatres last year. It was a good day! :)

- Participated in an eye-tracking study.

- The virus outbreak in China happened....

- Karaoked by myself x0.

- Stayed over at my sister's place x0.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I got a little farther in Stormblood, but I'm still very behind!


Exposures:
- (Game): Sheriff of Nottingham -- This was really fun. In the first turn I lied about what I had and I worked that to my advantage many turns later.

- (Game): Throw Throw Burrito -- This was also really fun! The burritos are so cute.

- (Video Game): Divinity II -- I only tried this game out because it was published by Atlus USA. I gotta say it has promise. I liked that you could actually fail at some of the side quests. I just wish I cared more about the actual story.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Parasyte Part 1 -- Not as good as the anime, but not crazy terrible either.

- (Movie): Parasyte Part 2 -- Same comment as above.

- (Anime): Nodame Cantabile (Season 1) -- I'm not that big of a fan of classical music, but I enjoyed it all in this series. This was so funny and cute. Loved it.

- (Anime): Nodame Cantabile: Paris (Season 2) -- More of the same, so I loved that. It was nice seeing the characters grow.


Playing:
- (3DS): Rhythm Heaven Megamix -- I technically finished playing this last year, but I had already posted my December recap blog before I finished it. While I personally enjoyed the older games, I enjoyed this one as well. This game also clearly showed me that I suck at keeping a steady beat, hahaha... x(

- (Xbox 360): Fable III -- This really had some issues to it. If I have to have the game playing overnight because there were no clues about how the last portion of the game would be played out, but I really wanted to beat the game with a good alignment... it's at least a small red flag.

- (PS4): Fez -- After many hours of freely exploring and getting lost, I decided to look up a guide in order to beat the game with 100% completion. I got really tired of back-tracking between areas and didn't like that some secrets would be in a coded language, but I couldn't find any in-game hints on how to decipher the language.

- (PS4): Walking Dead: Michonne -- This was surprisingly very short. Most likely not worth getting unless it's on sale.


Reading:
- (Manga): Princess Jellyfish by Akiko Higashimura -- This was slightly mixed, but overall a good series.

- (Manga): Neo Parasyte f by various -- This had some nice stories, but a lot of bad ones, too.

- (Manga): Neo Parasyte m by various -- Same comment as above.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud
- (PS4): Kingdom Hearts Final Remix (from Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix)
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
- (PS4): Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
- (PS4): Bastion
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS2): Drakengard
- (Xbox 360): Magna Carta II
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Culdcept Revolt
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7 - Episode 7)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 15)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 2)
- (TV Show): Galavant (Season 1 - Episode 5)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 7)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 3 - Episode 15)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 3?)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Food Wars (Season 4)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 3)
- (Anime): Carole & Tuesday (Part 1 - Episode 5)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 812)


Reading:
- (Comic): Bodie Troll by Jay Fosgitt
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume 80 -- Chapter 800)


That's it for January. Here are some pics I took this month plus a YouTube video.

A shot of Throw Throw Burrito.
Those burrito plushies are so cute.

What I successfully shipped / smuggled in Sheriff of Nottingham.

This was my second time watching 
Weathering With You!

Woot, I got Crown Prince Noctis!

A unit I had been wanting from Fate / Grand Order for a long while.

"Adaptation" by Prozzäk.
One of my favourite tracks from their last album.
I can truly relate to the first two lines.
Trying to get into the headspace of somebody who would 
genuinely sing this song... I find that it's really heartbreaking.


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

Take care, stay safe, and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment