Translate

Sunday 31 May 2020

BLOG -- Recap of May

Well, May was more or less the same as April, with workload being really irregular. Just this week, my work computer was on since Monday 5:30 PM, running some syntax and creating variables -- for four days straight. And the project deadline was Friday, which I barely made (submitted most of what I needed to submit just past midnight that Friday -- submitted the rest on Saturday). There were many times I was praying there wouldn't be a power outage, because I couldn't save my work until the syntax finished running. Every bad scenario was going over and over in my head until the syntax finished running... Frankly, I was very, very, very stressed out...

One of the few things offering some form of escape from my stress is Yakuza 0... <3 The story sucks me in so much that I really feel like I'm in another world, going through Kiryu / Majima's struggles. In some ways so far, it's quite inspirational. I want to be a dragon! XD <3 


"Outings" / Events in May:
- Hung out with friends overall x0.

- Had a LINE voice chat with a couple friends on Victoria's Day. It was long and fun :D

- Had a 3-day Lieu Time one week to make up for that week I worked nearly 80 hours. Then I worked overtime the following week, haha...

- Had a gaming session with a friend. This was really fun!

- My mechanical keyboard arrived. I really enjoy the clackity sounds. ^_^

- I give a giant facepalm to that incident with the huge park gathering... =___=

- Karaoked by myself x0.

- Stayed over at my sister's place x0.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-Just today, I cleared Second Coil Savage turns 2 - 4 unsynced with a couple friends. My bard was still squishy at Level 68, but it was cool seeing my friends beating up those bosses like it was nothing.
-I've been doing a mix of main story quests and side quests. I'm still really behind (at level 63 main story quests so far).
-I recently unlocked the Firmament and just love it. It's such a nice place to level up gathering and crafting classes.
-I think when my subscription expires (less than a month now!), I'll let it expire for a while... and then I'll re-sub.



Exposures:
- Nothing this month.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Anime): Kino's Journey -the Beautiful World- -- Some of the episodes were nice and interesting, but overall I think I prefer the original 2003 version.


Playing:
- (PS4): Death Road to Canada -- This is a ridiculous and fun game. So far I've beaten it 3 times -- two times with my sister (via multiple Shareplay sessions on the PS4), and one time with a friend. I wish it wasn't so brutally hard, hahaha.

- (PS2): Drakengard -- I have two more endings to get... but I beat it! What a twisted game. I did not enjoy the aerial missions.


Reading:
- (Comic): Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift by Bryan Konietzko, Michael Dante DiMartino, Gene Luen Yang, Gurihiru -- This was okay.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS4): Yakuza 0
- (3DS): Tomodachi Life
- (3DS): Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7 - Episode 7)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 15)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 3)
- (TV Show): The IT Crowd (Season 3)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 8)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 3 - Episode 15)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (TV Show): Legend of Korra (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Nodame Cantabile Live-Action (Episode 7)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 3?)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Food Wars (Season 5)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 3)
- (Anime): Carole & Tuesday (Part 1 - Episode 5)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 908)


Reading:
- (Comic): Bodie Troll by Jay Fosgitt
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume 80 -- Chapter 806)
- (Manga): Berserk by Kentaro Miura (Volume 2)


That's it for May. Here are a few pics I took this month plus a YouTube video.

One of the random events in Death Road to Canada.
I was so scared for my player's life, lol.

My mechanical keyboard! Now I have a bit more resting space for my wrists.

The Berserk collaboration is currently going on in the SMT Dx2 phone game.
After spending 30k+ gems I had collected for free over the months, 
I whaled and got at least one of every unit.

"Mistakes New Players Make in FFXIV" by Zepla HQ.
When I started playing FFXIV, I was lucky that my friends and the FC 
I was part of explained a lot about the game and mechanics 
so I didn't really experience any mistakes that I could recall.
One embarrassing moment for me, though, was playing Syrcus Tower one night 
and I was so sleepy that I nodded off while my character was still running... 
and I ended up aggro-ing the trash mob before everybody else was ready! >_<''


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

I think until my workload gets better and I feel a bit more balanced with my life, I'm going to hold off on future blogs for a while (except for the monthly recap blogs). I really need to be in a state where I'm NOT desperate for "Me" time every chance I get... >_<''

Anywho... take care, stay safe, and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment