Translate

Sunday 3 May 2020

BLOG -- Recap of April

I didn't mean to post this so late. But -- I was stuck working wayyy too many hours this week. I even worked yesterday for pretty much the whole day, totalling almost 80 hours this week (a new record! Ha....). How ironic is this...

To say bluntly, I am very tired, and this upcoming week seems about as bad. Haven't even had time to keep up with what's going on outside, although I heard there were plans to re-open some businesses in Ontario. I personally think it is too soon. Hopefully when it comes to it, I'll have a choice of whether to continue working from home or travelling to work in the office. I'd choose the former, until a vaccine or some kind of treatment is developed 


"Outings" / Events in April:
- Hung out with friends overall x0.

- Had a LINE voice chat with a couple friends for the first time. It was so fun!

- April 23rd marked the 1st year of my computer being built. It's still alive and running! <3

- Had a gaming / chat session with a friend. This was really fun, too!

- I ordered a second keyboard to be hooked up to my PS4. It'll arrive in a month, hahaha.

- I did an April Fool's prank with my team -- well, as much as I could do while working from home.

- Karaoked by myself x0.

- Stayed over at my sister's place x0.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I discovered the joys of "Ocean Fishing". I never really enjoyed leveling my Fishing class in the past, but "Ocean Fishing" is really fun! And my Fishing class gains so much experience from it! My Fishing class went from level 60 to 70 in a week. It's currently higher than my Bard, which is level 67.

-One random night while I was in Limsa, I ran through the marketboard area and was about to reach an empty-ish area to log off when I heard an instrument playing. I stopped running and moved my camera around (not my character), and found a player standing alone playing / practicing melodies. I turned my character around and just just stood there, facing the player from a distance. That went on for about 15 minutes! Partway through I muted all background music so I could hear the melody better. When the player was done, I clapped and cheered. I didn't have a keyboard hooked up to my PS4 at the time so I didn't type anything out. Even though there were some slight errors, I really enjoyed it! The player came from another server so I hope he / she drops by again and plays more melodies! :D


Exposures:
- (Video Game): Thumper -- This is a pretty catchy rhythm game, but my wrists get so tired afterwards. Also, my reflexes aren't what they used to be, hahaha... ^^''


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Serenity -- This was a pretty bad movie.

- (Movie): Silent Hill: Revelation -- This was also pretty bad. But I had to watch it 'cuz it's related to Silent Hill. I still have this desire to watch all video game movie adaptations. I hope that doesn't make me a masochist, hahaha...

- (Movie): Scream 4 -- A bit cheesy, but pretty much in line with the Scream movie series. I do like that the sequels are related.

- (Movie): Jurassic Park -- Would you believe that this is my first time watching Jurassic Park in its entirety? Even after all these years, it still found a way to delight my curiosities and wonderment. What a wonderful movie <3

- (Movie): The Lost World: Jurassic Park -- This is the sequel, and I found it not as good... but still decent.

- (Movie): Jurassic Park III -- Felt the same with this one. Not as good as the first movie, but still decent.

- (Movie): The Bounty -- I watched this because it was in a DVD collection I bought a long time ago called the "Liam Neeson Collection". The next four movies were also watched for that same reason. The Bounty was interesting. Liam Neeson wasn't really in the movie all that much, though.

- (Movie): A Prayer for the Dying -- This was okay. Liam Neeson was barely in this movie either.

- (Movie): High Spirits -- This was bad and ridiculous. Liam Neeson had a bit more screen time here.

- (Movie): Shining Through -- This was pretty nice, though cheesy. Liam Neeson showed up halfway through the movie.

- (Movie): Kingdom of Heaven -- This didn't really do much for me. I can't say much about Liam Neeson -- it'd be a spoiler.

- (TV show): Galavant -- This was okay. Some of the musical numbers were nice. I think this would have been interesting if there was a second season.

- (Anime): Princess Principal -- It was okay. Things got a little confusing for me partway through.


Playing:
- (PS4): Dark Cloud -- I could have spent hours upon hours grinding / leveling for the best weapon. This is a really fun game if you enjoy random dungeon-crawling as well as town-building / collecting things. The music is quite good, too. My main was Xiao. Ranged weapons for the win! Hahaha.

- (PS4): Kingdom Hearts Final Remix (from Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix) -- I played the original PS2 game, but figured I could do with a refresh before going to the next game. I totally did not remember the last 10 hours of the game. After a while, the last battles drove me nuts. I kept thinking, 'When is this going to end??!'. That said, I understand the story a little better now. I used to hate the ending with a passion, but after a second playthrough, I think I get it now.


Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS2): Drakengard
- (PS4): Death Road to Canada
- (3DS): Tomodachi Life
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7 - Episode 7)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 15)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 3)
- (TV Show): The IT Crowd (Season 3)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 8)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 3 - Episode 15)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (TV Show): Legend of Korra (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Nodame Cantabile Live-Action (Episode 7)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 3?)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Food Wars (Season 4)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 3)
- (Anime): Carole & Tuesday (Part 1 - Episode 5)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 905 <-- 95 more to Day 1000!)


Reading:
- (Comic): Bodie Troll by Jay Fosgitt
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume 80 -- Chapter 806)
- (Manga): Berserk by Kentaro Miura (Volume 2)


That's it for April. Here are a couple pics I took this month plus a YouTube video.

A pic I sent to a friend, telling him to hang in there during the pandemic.

Homura is totally my BAE in Magia Record and the anime series, lol.

The April Fool's prank I played on my team (I sent them this YouTube link 
with the message "Here's a little something to lift your spirits").
Would you be able to last through the whole video? Hehehe ;)


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)

Next week, there might not be a blog -- it will depend on my workload and how much "me" time I will want / need for myself.

Take care, stay safe, and next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment