Translate

Sunday 26 April 2020

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- Some of my Life Goals / Things I want to do -- Version 2

I've been looking through some of my old blogs recently, and came across one that listed some of my Life Goals / things I want to do. Life Goals are a little different from my New Year's Resolutions since I have my whole life to do them, but there are some overlap. Some goals I'd probably never finish unless I worked on them a bit at a time. 

It's been almost 7 years since that last post so I figured I'd update it a bit. Here is the same list of Life Goals / Things I want to do from my last post, with a bit of commentary if I have any. I've also added a few new goals at the end.

For my original post, click here.


-Learn Japanese

-Learn a programming language (preferably Python and C++)

-Create a video game (preferably more than one) <-- DONE! I've accomplished this with my text-based games, but I want to do more! :D

-Create a song (preferably more than one)

-Write something and have it published (preferably more than once)

-Learn to cook more than just rice and chocolate <-- DONE! Yes, I have learned this thanks to the cooking club at work last year.

-Travel to Japan <-- DONE! I've travelled there three times now! :) <3

-Eat a melon-filled melon bread <-- DONE! I think I've eaten this at least once everytime I visited Japan.

-Treat myself to a ridiculously expensive restaurant (that has good food!) <-- I partially did this with Miku in Vancouver last year. I'll go all out if I can finish my resolutions this year... provided the pandemic will be over by then! 

-Attend a Hatsune Miku concert <-- DONE! I attended one in 2016. Hopefully the one scheduled for September this year will still be happening *fingers crossed!* xD

-Attend a Glay concert (please still be together years from now!)

-Experience / Expose myself to all the media that I own (I make things difficult for myself by buying more media every year) <-- I've been working on this one for so many years now and it's finally showing some progress (done all my anime, done all my Xbox360 games, almost done all my TV shows / movies)! But I will probably have this goal for many, many more years, if not the rest of my darn life.

NEW
-Travel to Wales (will mention why in a future blog)

-Learn to play a new instrument, specifically a portable one

-Go fishing at least once (not to really eat the fish... just to experience fishing)


Do you have any life goals / things you want to do? If yes, what are they? And if you have any, do you find it easier to work on them during the pandemic? 

For myself, I'm finding it easier to go through my media collection, even though I still don't have that much free time these days. One of my media can't be experienced, though, until I beat a video game (Final Fantasy VII so I can watch finally watch Advent Children on DVD). That will be a mini-challenge for myself, hahaha.


That's it for this blog. Thanks for reading! If you'd like to comment, feel free.

Stay safe, take care, and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment