Translate

Sunday 5 April 2020

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- What's Going on in Toronto (Journal #3)

I thought I was going to blog about something different this week, but... more things have happened in Toronto since two weeks ago relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. I'm kinda glad more is being done, since not everybody seems to be taking this pandemic seriously... At the same time, I'm not particularly happy that it had to get to this point. Also, I'm not happy with the thought that this pandemic could last for months... 

Again, if I miss listing anything, my apologies.

- "Non-essential" businesses are closed. Any businesses that could work remotely are still open, though.

- Public gatherings of 5 or more are not allowed.

- All city-led events, festivals, permits, conferences, and cultural programs until June 30 have been cancelled. When I first heard about this, I thought the FLOW concert (June 3rd) and International Fan Festival Toronto (IFFT) (June 19-21) were cancelled, but they're not city-led. The public gathering restriction will get them, though, if the pandemic is still going on by then.

- Outdoor recreational amenities, beaches, playgrounds, and sports facilities are closed. I honestly think this could have been avoided if everybody was taking this practicing social distancing seriously.

- Those violating the social distancing (now termed physical distancing) can now get fined. Why did it have to get to this point? 


For myself, I'm still at home, going outside only to throw out trash (and the trash bin is right next to my home). 

This past week, I spent almost all my spare time cleaning my room, and I think I am done with it for now! I have a nice empty spot where I can prance about. The floor isn't 50% bare so my New Year's resolution isn't done yet, but it's getting there. I am feeling very, very proud of myself! Now I can spend the next few weeks or months crumpling to the floor as I try to exercise after many years of not exercising.

Also, I received a package this week -- my last package for a long while: Persona 5 Royal. I'm super excited to play it but I'll hold off for a little while. Call me a cheat if you want, but I'd rather play it with a couple guides for certain elements. Just like in the original Persona 5 game, I hope the grim reaper can get sick for another easy trophy (if that trophy is also in Persona 5 Royal).


That's it for this blog. Thanks for reading!

If anybody would like me to blog about something else, feel free to leave suggestions in the Comments or to send a message via the Contact Form.


Next week, there will be no blog. Next weekend will be a long weekend (Good Friday is April 10th), and I want to spend all that time... possibly not on a computer. Maybe I'll binge-watch some shows or try to finish more of my video games or work on more of my New Year's resolutions.

Stay safe, take care, and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment