Translate

Sunday 30 August 2020

BLOG -- Recap of August

...

I got nothing to say, so let's just continue...

If I could only blog a super personal post detailing all my current gripes with the world and my Life... but I can't... at least not here. Not now.


"Outings" / Events in August:
- Had a LINE voice chat with a couple friends. We played Boggle and did some catching ups.

- Made my first post on Reddit ever -- this might not mean anything to anybody, but it's a big deal for me since I tend to just lurk around the site and not post anything. I never created an account until that first post. My post was about my Yakuza game-playing journey so far. I still mainly lurk about but I sometimes comment here and there.

- Made a birthday card for a co-worker friend. He was so busy with his work that he forgot his own birthday
.

- I read the news of Magia Record, a phone game I used to play, ending its services end of September. This is pretty disheartening. I stopped playing two months ago because I didn't have enough time to play through the events and read the stories (I really enjoyed Magia Record's stories). I had full intentions of returning to the game once things got better... Now I'll have to prioritize playing this before it's gone.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I should be re-subbing soon. Whether or not I'll have the time to consistently play while I'm re-subbed is another story.


Exposures:
- (PS4): Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout -- I mentioned this in another blog. It's random fun and frustration, and I really suck at the games, hahahaha. I still have never beaten the final round.

- (Game): Bananagrams -- This is a fun word-building game. I can't wait for the pandemic to be over so I can play this with friends (and maybe with co-workers).


Finished...
Watching:
- (Anime): Hikaru no Go -- This was very faithful to the manga series, so I enjoyed it a lot.

Playing:
- Nothing this month.

Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Yakuza 3 Remastered
- (PS3):
 Borderlands 2
- (3DS): Tomodachi Life
- (3DS): Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)

Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7 - Episode 7)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 15)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 3)
- (TV Show): The IT Crowd (Season 3)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 8)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 3 - Episode 15)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (TV Show): Legend of Korra (Season 3)
- (TV Show): Nodame Cantabile Live-Action (Episode 7)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 3?)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Food Wars (Season 5)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 3)
- (Anime): Carole & Tuesday (Part 1 - Episode 5)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 925)

Reading:
- (Comic): Bodie Troll by Jay Fosgitt
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume 81 -- Chapter 827)
- (Manga): Berserk by Kentaro Miura (Volume 2)


That's it for August. Here are some pics I took this month plus a YouTube video.

Me playing Bananagrams by myself. The general gist of Bananagrams is to 
use your tiles to create words and connect them together in a Crossword-like puzzle fashion. When you're done using your tiles, you uncover one tile and repeat the process.
I had to stop when the work day started.

Building out my Yakuza gaming collection!
I have never watched Fist of the North Star, but am looking forward 
to trying the game out! (whenever I get to it [i.e. likely in a few years]).

New class I got in SINoALICE.

My current profile for Magia Record.
I'll post an updated pic in my Recap of September blog.

"GROW REBOAN" by EYEZMAZEmovie.
There's a bit of a story with why this video got created.
Over a year ago, the creator needed to get heart surgery and asked for some 
help with funding the operation via Indiegogo. 
This is kinda a video expressing that it's been a year since the surgery 
and he finally feels closer to 100%.
The video loops after 1:50 mins, so no need to watch the whole thing.


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free.

By the way, just to plug them a bit, Active NEETs, the Japanese music group I've mentioned in various past blogs, still do their music live streaming every Thursday around 7:30 AM EST. If you enjoy video game music (especially music from the Touhou Project series), I'd recommend checking them out! :) I haven't tuned into their live stream for a while due to... well, my current mental state. Maybe I'll elaborate in the future (just maybe).

Anywho... Take care, stay safe, and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment