Translate

Sunday 16 August 2020

Weekly Thoughts #9 - Watching Hikaru no Go Anime; Playing Yakuza 3 Remastered; Playing Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout

I'm gonna make this blog short and sweet. I had a pretty long work week and have another long week coming up, so I want to putz around as much as possible during my downtime. Here are some things I've been up to since my last blog:


Watching Hikaru no Go Anime
For those who don't know, Hikaru no Go is a series about a boy finding himself in the world of Go (a Japanese board game) after being haunted / possessed by a ghost. It sounds kinda hokey but it's actually pretty good. It's kinda like any other shounen anime series, except that fights / battles are done via suspenseful and intense Go matches instead of fists / weapons / mechs, etc.

I had read the manga series a long time ago and recently saw that the anime series was available on Crunchyroll. I might blog about this when I'm done. There are a couple thoughts / emotions that's always nagged me since I finished reading the manga.

I hope the Go world is still doing well these days. 


Playing Yakuza 3 Remastered
I was planning on taking a longer break after beating Yakuza Kiwami 2 (review blog should be coming soon!), 'cuz I wanted to work on more of my New Year's Resolutions, but recent situations had led me to seek out escape to Kamurocho once more... 

Only problem is that I escaped to Yakuza 3 Remastered... haha... hahaha...

I'll reserve my thoughts till after I beat the game but for anybody who is starting up Yakuza 3 Remastered soon after beating Yakuza Kiwami 2: just keep your expectations in check, okay? :)


Playing Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
This is an online battle royale-type game where you try to be the last one standing in a series of mini-games. I've played it a few times now with various friends, and it is random fun and frustration. 

I am absolutely TERRIBLE at these mini-games, but it's pretty fun to play in short bursts. I just know I won't progress fast 'cuz I suck, haha.

It's free for PS+ this month, so those with PS+ check it out! You can party up with your friends, too (max 4 people in a party). The perks with partying up is: 

-If you do a team mini-game, you will all be on the same team
-If you happen to be the only ones left for the final round, you could technically rig who would be the winner (has anybody tried this?).

One downside to partying up (if you consider it a downside) is if you get eliminated but your other team mates get through, you can either watch your team mates progress or leave the current game, but that's it. If you leave the current game and start a new one, you'd have to leave the party. For myself I don't consider this a downside since I don't mind watching my friends play.

So far my favourite games are the Egg Scramble and the door one (forgot the name) and my least favourite is the Slime Climb. I've yet to clear the Slime Climb...



That's it for this blog. Thank you for reading!! 

If you have any questions or comments about anything, feel free. You can also send me a message via the Contact Form. Just note that if I respond, I would do so through my alternate e-mail address.

Stay safe, take care, and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment