Translate

Sunday 22 November 2020

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- My Small Words to My Former, Former Boss

Early this week, I was informed that my former, former boss passed away. I was very shocked and saddened. He was still so young...

For this blog, I'm going to reminisce a little. Talk about some of the good times. For me, I only ever experienced good times around him.

So I don't have to keep calling him my former, former boss, let's call him Chris. For a bit of context, the company we worked for was made up of small teams, one team to one VP. 

What I remember most about Chris was his ability to have fun and to gather others around him. As a team of 4-5, we'd sometimes have team lunches or dinners. We even went karaoking a couple times. For really special occasions like Christmas, we'd have dinner with a couple other teams. While on his team, I really felt a familial bond with him and my teammates.

One of my most remembered, random moments was during one of the team dinners. Chris was sitting next to me, and he said something nice about me and then lightly placed the back of his fingers on my cheek. Out of reflex (likely 'cuz I was a bit tipsy, too), I bared my teeth and growled. Chris and anybody who saw it laughed. When I realized what I did (I growled at my BOSS), I apologized soon after. ^^;

Chris also loved cooking. Sometimes when the company would have a lunch event, he'd bring in some of his own cooking to share. When the company would have BBQ lunches out on the building's rooftop, he'd be one of the main cooks if possible.

Another thing I remember is him participating in Movember and his attempts to encourage other colleagues to follow suit. Then when Movember was almost done, he'd organize a Movember party with raffle prizes and a live band and everything. 


Thank you, Chris, for bringing Life and fun into the work place. It was an absolute pleasure.


That's it for this blog. Thanks for reading.

Please take care, stay safe, and until next time *e-hug*

No comments:

Post a Comment