Translate

Sunday 26 June 2022

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- Random Memory Time [Bubble Bobble]

My weekend's pretty busy and my hands need rest, so I'll keep this short and sweet. I don't remember if I've actually shared this before, so if I did, my apologies *bows*

One of my favourite childhood games was Bubble Bobble on the NES and computer (it was available on other platforms, too, but that's how I played it). I don't remember when or how I was first exposed to it, but it looked really fun. Who wouldn't enjoy controlling a dinosaur that shoots bubbles and collects snacks and foods in each stage? XD The one music track that looped over and over in each stage sounded really fun, too. 

Bubble Bobble may have sparked my interest in puzzle games (move aside, Tetris! Hahaha). It may have also been my first challenge with being efficient, because Bubble Bobble had some stages that could be cleared with just a few actions. I liked trying to find those efficient actions and executing them if I could.

My enjoyment with Bubble Bobble stayed through to my Middle School years. There was one Summer where every morning, as soon as my sister and I woke up, we would co-op Bubble Bobble on the computer and keep at it until we beat it. There wasn't any real reason for playing it everyday other than we had lots of fun.


What video game, if any, did you enjoy immensely during your childhood? :)

If you have any questions or comments, feel free.


Take care, stay safe, and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment