Translate

Sunday 31 December 2023

BLOG -- Recap of December

December was surprisingly really busy. I was hoping to finish my Japan blogs this month but it'll have to be done in the new year.


Outings / Events in December:
- My Disney+ subscription ended. I was able to watch everything on my priority watch list, but it was pretty challenging.

- Hung out with a few friends at different times. Each of those hangouts were fun.

- Had a board game session with my sister, her husband, and my boyfriend. It was really fun.

- Attended a house party/potluck with my boyfriend. We ate food and did some karaoking. It was a great time.

- Had a low-key gingerbread house building session with my boyfriend. We forgot to buy candy to decorate the house so we made do with what we already had. It was a nice time.

- Had a dinner with old colleagues. It was really great seeing them again XD


Exposures:
- Nothing this time.


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Frozen II -- It was slightly dull in the beginning but got better in the end.

- (Movie): Pocahontas -- The animation style looked nice but everything else was meh.

- (Movie): Hanna -- This was pretty good, although I had hoped for a kinder resolution.

- (Movie): Maleficent: Mistress of Evil -- I enjoyed it.

- (Movie): Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales -- It was okay.

- (Movie): Ava -- It's not bad but not amazing either.

- (Movie): Bambi -- It was okay.

- (Movie): The Croods: A New Age -- This was pretty good.

- (Movie): Dune (2021) -- Wayy too slow-paced and the ending felt unsatisfactory. I know it's just the first part to a series but the movie itself was so long -- I didn't feel much of a pay off for the time spent watching it.

- (Movie): Avatar: The Way of Water -- I think this would have been interesting as a video game. The world-building was neat.

- (Movie): Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny -- The main female character was annoying.

- (Movie): Prey -- I had no idea this was related to the Predator movies. It was great.

- (Movie): Soul -- There were some nice parts.

- (Movie): Elemental -- The animation was great.

- (Movie): 101 Dalmations -- It was okay.

- (Movie): Cruella -- It had some good moments.

- (Movie): Onward -- There were some interesting ideas, but overall it was just okay.

- (Movie): Luca -- It was okay.

- (Movie): Chip 'N Dale: Rescue Rangers -- I enjoyed this a lot.

- (Movie): High School Musical -- There was some decent singing but the plot was a little too cheesy for me at times.

- (Movie): The Emperor's New Groove -- It was okay.

- (Movie): Dinosaur -- It may have been good for its time but it didn't age well.

- (Movie): The Lady and the Tramp -- Meh.

- (Movie): The Jungle Book -- The animation style was fun and the music was enjoyable.

- (Movie): Thor: Love and Thunder -- There were some funny moments.

- (Movie): God Only Forgives -- A very brutal watch.

- (Movie): The Snowman -- It was okay.

- (Movie): Mama -- I watched this mainly for Jessica Chastain. There were some creepy moments.

- (Movie): The Pianist -- Really well done.

- (Movie): Old -- The premise was interesting but some of the acting and cinematography was questionable.

- (Musical - Filmed): Hamilton -- The singing was great and the story was interesting. I'd love to watch it performed live one day.

- (TV Show): Yu Yu Hakusho (Live-action) -- Being a fan of the anime, the action scenes were great for the most part. The first couple episodes were good and fair on what was cut down. The rest of the episodes felt very rushed and the major plot points had less impact than in the anime. I'd recommend watching the anime instead.

- (Anime): Pluto -- I loved the concepts.

Playing:
- Nothing this month.

Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud 2
- (PS4): Skyrim
- (PS4): Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered
- (PS4): Moon: Remix RPG Adventure
- (PS4): Yakuza 6: Song of Life
- (PS4): Baldur's Gate I: Enhanced Edition
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PSP): Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
- (3DS): Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)
- (Mobile): Bloons TD 6

Watching:
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds: Evolution (Season 2)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (TV Show): Stranger Things (Season 5)
- (TV Show): The Boys (Season 4)
- (TV Show): Love Death + Robots (Season 1 - Episode 6)
- (TV Show): Bob's Burgers (Season 5 - Episode 6)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 4)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Kakegurui (Season 3?)
- (Anime): Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (Episode 2)
- (Anime): Gintama (Episode 13)
- (Anime): Tokyo Revengers (Season 2 - Episode 25)
- (Anime): Gurren Lagann (Episode 6)
- (Anime): Chihayafuru (Season 4?)
- (Anime): One Punch Man (Season 2)
- (Anime): Fate/Apocrypha (Season 2)
- (Anime): Junji Ito's Japanese Tales of the Macabre (Episode 5)
- (Anime): Demon Slayers (Season 4)
- (Anime): Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Season 1 - Episode 6)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 1061)

Reading:
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume ?? -- Chapter 1096)
- (Manga): Berserk by Kentaro Miura (Volume 2)


That's it for December. Here are some pics I took this month plus a YouTube video.

Something I ate during one of my hang outs. This was delicious.

Something else I ate during another one of my hang outs. This was also delicious.

A pile of desserts I ate during another one of my hang outs. I loved the green tea cake.

A seasonal thing I ate for another hang out. This was pretty good.

The low-key gingerbread house. I had fun!

How I've been spending my time on the phone these days. I'm enjoying Blue Archive a lot, and Overmortal almost feels like a guilty pleasure for me.

"10 Best Frugal Habits of Millionaires" by Tae Kim - Financial Tortoise.
I'm not a millionaire but I do a few of those things already.


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. 

Next week will be the long year-end blog I always do and after that I'll be resuming the Japan blogs. I'm very sorry for the delay. orz

Have fun, take care, and until next time! And Happpppy New Year!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment