Translate

Saturday 22 September 2018

BLOG -- Trying to "Exhume" My Blog Space

So... I'm using the word "exhume" incorrectly in my title. I just like how R from the movie Warm Bodies used it incorrectly so I'm doing the same (yes, even after so many years I still think back fondly to that movie every now and then <3).

Anyway, I'm writing because I want to try getting back to blogging weekly. I've been wanting to for so long now, but when I think of all the time I tend to dedicate to an entry (roughly 6-8 hours depending on length and content -- the Fan Expo blog took almost 2 days -- this doesn't count the end-of-month blogs which don't take as long)... and when I think about how much free time I have for myself and what I want to do during my free time... I tend to opt for doing other things.

But -- I don't want to give this up. I enjoy writing and really like reading back on my past entries (one of my favourite entries is still my review on Battle Royale -- I am so proud of my writing there).

Soo... here is my compromise with myself: I will try blogging every weekend (either Saturday or Sunday, though more likely Sunday) but my entries will be shorter. And they might be more about my thoughts on various things / happenings during the week if I'm not blogging about something specific. My reviews and Japan blogs and Fan Expo blogs can still be lengthy -- but I guess we'll see. I might change up the format. And my end-of-month blogs will still happen.

I want to get back into the routine (it was probably the only routine thing I had kept going years ago -- I can get into that another time) -- but I don't think I can dedicate 6-8+ hours a week to it. At least not with my current situations.

That's it for this entry. Thanks for reading! If you have any thoughts or comments, feel free! :)

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend and till the the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment