Translate

Saturday 29 September 2018

BLOG -- Weekly Thoughts #1 -- Telltale; StephenPlays and Hurricane Florence

So these were thoughts I had last week, but was still thinking about this week.

Telltale Games Studio Closure
This news was really surprising and saddening. I kinda thought they would always be around. I mean the first season of The Walking Dead game was so good -- and they were releasing more and more games based on popular titles (Batman, Borderlands, Game of Thrones, to name a few)... I thought things were going well for them.

About the mass layoff of Telltale Games' employees without severance and the class action lawsuit from former employees against them for not giving enough advance notice (if this happened to me I would probably try doing the same) -- wow. Just wow. Being laid off without severance is horrible and in my mind, terribly unjust. Being laid off without proper advance notice is really bad, too. If the employees really did get laid off without proper advance notice, then I hope they win this lawsuit.

All in all, this whole thing saddens me -- game-wise in that we won't get any more Telltale games, and work place-wise upon getting a bit of an idea of the work environment (if laying off employees without severance and without proper advance notice is saying something).

*Tips hat* You will be remembered.


StephenPlays/StephenVlog and Hurricane Florence
I think Hurricane Florence has already passed by now... but I still want to talk about this.

I mentioned briefly in my last end-of-month blog that I started following this Youtuber named StephenPlays (he mainly does Let's Play videos [sometimes with his wife Mal], but also sometimes does other gaming type videos with his friends -- it's great and funny, you should totally check it out! <3). 

Well, Stephen also has a vlog channel, which I barely paid any attention to until a couple weeks ago when I saw one of his videos titled "We Are Evacuating . 9.12.18". All of a sudden I thought, 'That's a recent date. *brief moment of silence* What?! You're evacuating?! Why??!'. I clicked on the video and found out that Stephen and Mal, their cats, and Stephen's mom and dad were evacuating because of Hurricane Florence.

In general I don't think too much about hurricanes nor any natural disasters and about how bad they can be. I think it's because I've been kinda "lucky" (if you would call it lucky) to not know anybody personally so far who had been affected by one. 

While watching Stephen's video, about him talking about their decision to evacuate and the mindset their decision puts them in, I think it really helped put some things into perspective or it helped to get a better understanding of what somebody could go through when faced with an oncoming hurricane. If I ever had to evacuate with the thought that there might not be a home to go back to, what would I take with me?

Over the next few days I checked Stephen's vlog channel for any new videos or updates since their evacuation. I even checked Stephen's Twitter page -- and I don't exactly use Twitter! Haha, I was very concerned for Stephen and Mal's well-being, as well as their friends. I was very glad and relieved when Stephen and Mal went back home days later and their home was still in-tact. 

Hugs to everybody who has been affected by Hurricane Florence in any way... and any other natural disaster. (>'w')>


That's it for this blog. Thank you for reading! :)
As always, if you have any questions or comments about anything, feel free.

Until tomorrow, when I post up my recap blog for September, haha :3

No comments:

Post a Comment