Translate

Monday 24 June 2019

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- Slight Self-Reflection

I was planning on blogging about something else today, but...

This morning I saw a Facebook posting for an Indiegogo campaign titled "I want to have a heart surgery". I clicked on the campaign link and wept.

The posting was from a creator I've followed on and off for many, many years. He made really fun, creative, and interesting Flash games that often carried a cause-and-effect consequence to them. I was exposed to his games way back when I attended University, and have been a fan since.

While I read the Indiegogo campaign, I got really sad because... I guess... I always thought he'd be around for many, many years, happy and healthy, creating more and more games. 

When I read the last parts of his campaign, especially the lines "I want to live more", "I want to create more and more things", "I want to spend more and more time with my family", and "I do not want to die", I started to think about my own life. I don't think I'm under any immediate health issues, but when it comes down to it... what are some things I want to do in my life? What's truly important to me? And not "truly important" as in "what should be important to me based on societal or peer expectations / norms". What's truly important to me? Am I living my life to my fullest? If I'm not living my life to my fullest, what can I do to get me closer?



I don't really know how to end this blog... so I'm just going to end it here. Thank you very much for reading!

I'm sorry if this entry made you feel... not so cheery in any way. I won't mention it again here, but until the creator goes through with his surgery, my quiet prayers and thoughts will be with him and his family. Please, please, please recover well!

Thank you again for reading. Take care and until next time! *bows*

No comments:

Post a Comment