Translate

Sunday 9 June 2019

BLOG -- Weekly Thoughts #5 -- Looking into Other Anime Conventions; Having "Evenings" on a Weekday

Well, I said in my last blog that my next few entries will be fairly short. I just... need more time to spend on other activities... like cleaning my room, and going through my backlog. I think I mentioned this long ago, but maybe someday I'll blog about my usual routine / time spent for blogging. It might give some perspective on why I need to alternate between long and short blogs (if that even matters, haha). 

Anywho... I haven't done a Weekly Thoughts blog for a while, but it usually covers a couple things I've done or thought throughout the week or so. This may not be interesting for you! u_____u;

Looking into Other Anime Conventions
So after Anime North, I thought my next convention would be my usual Fan Expo Canada. But then... on May 31st, I caught a tweet announcing TAM and Akai Ryusei as guests for AniRevo. When I read that, I got super, duper excited! Omg, they're coming to Canada again! I wanna see them... again! XDDD <3 <3 <3

If you've read my blog on International Fan Festival (IFFT), you'll know I became a pretty big fan after seeing them perform. Their music delights my ears and soul ^-^

At first, I was very unsure if I would attend. The biggest barrier for me was the cost. AniRevo is a convention that takes place in Vancouver, and I live in Toronto. The plane ticket alone would cost close to $1000 CAD and the hotel stays -- at least for hotels close to AniRevo -- would end up costing over $1000 CAD. Just the thought of spending around $2000 CAD on top of food / admission / CDs / Artist alley / transportation / misc costs for one weekend... I really wanted to cry, hahaha. I didn't want this chance to slip, but the cost was so high.

Thankfully I was able to make arrangements to crash at my good friend's place during the whole convention (she lives in Vancouver). Which means... I'll be attending AniRevo! I get to see TAM and Akai Ryusei again, yayyyyyyyyyyy! To my good friend, if you are reading this: thank youuuuu! I am in your debt! ^_____^ *bows*

I never really thought I'd be willing to travel so far... for any guest. Most times I just wait for the guest to show up at a convention close to where I live. I'm such a dork, hahaha.

Another convention I'm currently looking into is Otakuthon in Montreal. Aside from spending more money (which may end up costing the same as AniRevo after factoring in hotel stays), I have three barriers for Otakuthon:

1. Language: My French skills are almost non-existent. While that may not affect my time at Otakuthon, it may affect whatever I do outside of Otakuthon, like eating in a restaurant.
2. Location: Being in Montreal, I'd have to travel and stay in hotels. Staying in a hotel by myself can get pretty costly.
3. Timing: Otakuthon is taking place the weekend between AniRevo and Fan Expo. If I attended Otakuthon, I'd be attending three conventions for three weeks straight. I'd likely have no energy by the time Fan Expo rolls around, and I'd likely get very little sleep trying to blog about them all, hahahaha.


Having "Evenings" on a Weekday
Well, this week was fairly slow at work, which allowed me to do something I hadn't done for a long time: leave around 5 PM!

For the first time in a long time, I had a consistent evening for myself each day on a weekday. At the very beginning, I felt a bit torn -- I had no idea what to spend this free time on! There were so many things I wanted to do but I knew I couldn't do them all. After a couple days, though, I settled on a general "routine" that allowed me to be slightly productive, to do some catching up, and to just relax.

It was a nice week and I sure hope that these "evenings" on a weekday will be more consistent in the future. :)



That's it for this blog. Thanks for reading!

If you have any comments about anything, feel free.

Take care, have a good rest of the weekend, and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment