Translate

Sunday 30 June 2019

BLOG -- Recap of June

One of my big focuses in June was making the most of my Crave subscription because I'm letting it expire early next month. Today and tomorrow will be a movie / TV show-watching marathon. Once it expires I plan to go back to watching movies / TV shows that are still in my physical collection before subscribing to any other streaming services.

Work has been -- well -- pretty much the same.

I know I usually blog something else on top of my recap blogs, but it's Canada's Day tomorrow and I still have lot of movies / TV shows to go through on Crave -- I'm gonna take a break from blogging this time.



Outings/Events in June:
- Hung out with friends overall x4.

- Was on vacation for a week.

- Did an escape room with my sister, her hubby, and three other people my sister and her hubby knew. We did Pathogen at Escape Games Canada. We got one of the bad endings.

- Went karaoking with my sister, her hubby, and a friend. It was super fun!

- Attended the "Hugh Jackman: The Man. The Music. The Show" performance with my sister. We had nosebleed seats, but it was just amazing!! Hugh Jackman can really perform. He's a cool dude, too! :3 A couple of my favourite performances were of him tap-dancing and of him singing Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow".

- I've been catching (although sometimes a bit late) Active NEETs' YouTube livestream every week this month. It is definitely something that brightens my Thursday mornings. They speak in Japanese, so I don't understand everything they say... but hopefully that will change sometime in the future. Their livestream videos are unlisted, so it seems the only sure-fire way to access the videos (after the livestream ends) is being subscribed to them on YouTube. I'll stop mentioning it in my recap blogs, but I hope I'll be able to catch more and more of their livestreams in the future. It's really fun and neat! XD <3

- Karaoked by myself x0.

- Stayed over at my sister's place x1.


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I'm un-subbed right now, but I'll be re-subbing mid-July (thanks to my friend for sending me a 60-day time card code!!!!!). I have to really catch up before being able to try out Shadowbringers.

Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius achievements / news: 
-My rank is currently 184 (yay I can leave the game alone for 15 hours and 10 minutes)
-The Secret of Mana banner finally came! I used up all my summoning tickets (over 200 in total) and ended up with two Randis, three Flammies, and a bunch of other 5-stars. Then I did a couple steps in the Step-up summoning and got my fourth Flammie. Overall, I am quite pleased. I don't know what to save my lapis / tickets for next, hahaha.


Exposures:
- (Board game): Root -- I've mentioned this briefly in my vacation blog. It's a neat game with a pretty steep learning curve. I'll blog about it sometime once I try all the different characters.

- (Restaurant): Gyugyuya -- This is a place specializing in Japanese curry. I tried one dish and it was just okay.

- (Mobile game): Fate/Grand Order -- I "blame" the Active NEETs' YouTube livestreams for piquing my curiosity. For the past few streams, they have this segment where they play their music arrangements from Fate/Grand Order while doing summoning in the app! Some of the viewers join in, I'm sure. While I'm not sure if I would spend lots of money on this game (my money is kinda reserved for SINoALICE), I'm enjoying it so far.

- (Movie): Reese The Movie: A Movie About Reese -- This is in the "Exposures" section and not in the "Finished..." section because I stopped watching it partway. I really tried to watch it, too. After 20 minutes, I started feeling nauseous and decided to lie on my bed and try just listening to the movie. But that didn't work. Then I tried playing some phone games on silent while listening to the movie. But that didn't work either. To me, the conversations in the movie felt so pointless, and at times, unbelievable. When the person talked about how they were kings and queens in their own way (about 50 minutes into the movie), I just stopped watching. This did not make me want to eat a Reese, hahaha...


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Rocketman -- This was great. Some pacing issues, but Taron's incredible singing and acting made up for that and then some! I was actually moved to tears during one of his performances :')

- (Movie): Avengers: Endgame -- It was a very long movie, but it needed to be. It tied things up pretty well... but I didn't enjoy everything. More specifically, I didn't like the outcome of a couple "things". "Things" I will miss very dearly.

- (Movie): John Wick 3: Parabellum -- This was great. I thought it was stronger than the second movie.

- (Movie): Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 -- This was good, but I liked the first movie better.

- (Movie): Thor: Ragnarok -- This entertaining, but just okay.

- (Movie): Avengers: Infinity War -- Wow. So many things happened in this movie. I enjoyed it but didn't enjoy it at the same time.

- (Movie): The Lookout -- I watched this kinda on a whim. It was really good.

- (Movie): Isle of Dogs -- This had a very Japanese flavour to it. I really enjoyed it. My interest was kept throughout.

- (Movie): Deadpool 2 -- It was pretty funny. I love the scenes during the end credits.

- (Movie): IT Chapter One -- It was really good -- a very nice improvement from the original. I'm going to have trouble sleeping at night.

- (Movie - Anime): Persona 3: The Movie #3 -Falling Down- -- I loved the hot springs scene. I'm getting into the parts I missed in the video game.

- (Documentary): Word Wars: Tiles and Tribulations on the Scrabble Circuit -- This was pretty interesting.

- (TV Show): Orphan Black -- I was interested all the way to the end. I didn't like how some things turned out, but overall, this was a very good show. I also get a little giddy, knowing that most of it was filmed in Toronto.

- (TV Show): Twin Peaks -- What... a weird show. There were some really good, gripping moments -- and there were some really slow moments that I thought did nothing for the show. I was most invested whenever the main plot advanced. Unfortunately, not everything is explained or resolved, so keep this in mind if you ever decide to watch it.


Playing:
- Nothing this month.


Reading:
- (Book): Plight of the Living Dead by Matt Simon -- My mind would temporarily shut down at the unfamiliar names. Overall, though, it was a very interesting yet slightly disturbing read. A documentary on the subject would be much better, in my opinion.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud
- (PS4): Kingdom Hearts Final Remix (from Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix)
- (PS4): iDOLM@STER: Platinum Stars
- (PS4): Fez
- (PS4): Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
- (PS4): Nights of Azure
- (PS4): Plague Inc.: Evolved
- (PS3): Borderlands 2
- (PS2): Drakengard
- (PS2): Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
- (Xbox 360): Magna Carta II
- (Xbox 360): Fable III
- (3DS): Story of Seasons
- (3DS): Culdcept Revolt
- (3DS): Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
- (3DS): Miitopia
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (PSP): Persona
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): King's Bounty: The Legend
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)


Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 7)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 13 - Episode 22)
- (TV Show): Six Feet Under (Season 1 - Episode 3)
- (TV Show): X-Files (Season 11)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 2)
- (TV Show): Galavant (Season 1 - Episode 5)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 7)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 3 - Episode 15)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (episode 3)
(Anime): Attack on Titan: Season 3 (episode 1)
- (YouTube): StephenVlogs (Day 620 <-- Stephen and Mal's big day!!)


Reading:
- (Comic): Bodie Troll by Jay Fosgitt
- (Manga): Princess Jellyfish by Akiko Higashimura (Volume 2)


That's it for June. Here are a few pics I took this month plus a video and a YouTube video.

A shot of the "Hugh Jackman: The Man. The Music. The Show" performance.
He's performing something from Les Miserables here.


Another shot. I liked what the audience did there with their phones.

I finally have Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night!
Yayyyyy. They finally did it!
I still have to play through Curse of the Moon first, though ;_;


Randi from FFBE! XD


Flammie from FFBE!

"Wild West" from Lissie (Twin Peaks version).
This was one nice thing that came from watching Twin Peaks.
I like the lyrics a lot for some reason.


Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free. :)


To anybody celebrating Canada's Day tomorrow, Happy Canada's Day! To anybody celebrating Independence Day later in the week, Happy Independence Day! To everybody, thank you again for reading!

Take care and until next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment