Translate

Friday 5 July 2019

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- Why Time Is Very Important to Me

I mentioned in multiple earlier blogs that I might write about this. Seeing as how half the year has already gone, and I'm nowhere close to finishing my New Year's Resolutions... I figured this week would be as good a time as any. 

And -- well -- I don't have very much time this weekend to spend blogging. I gotta do other things... like trying to make poutine... hanging out with a friend... trying to do some decent sketches to try celebrating somebody's upcoming birthday (if I'm successful, I'll mention it in my July recap blog!)... and more. My weekends are actually quite busy this month. Next month as well... hahaha. :)

Anywho, I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

So... when I was really young -- like around middle school -- I wondered to myself, 'What is the most expensive gift somebody could give to somebody else?' I never cared very much about owning brand name, costly items, so for me, any answer relating to huge sums of money was out of the picture. Also, I thought "expensive" when it came to money could be very subjective, depending on the recipient's age, income level, personal tastes, etc. Also also, I was kinda looking for a universal answer -- something that couldn't really be argued against.

Then, one day in my middle school life, I had my answer: Time. Sharing your time with somebody else is the most expensive gift.

Here is what I thought (and I still think it now): 

Each and every one of us is born with a certain amount of Time. I personally don't think we can do anything to actually lengthen our amount of Time -- only actions / consequences that would either maintain or shorten it. 

Once Time is spent, it's gone. It cannot be recovered.

So the thought of somebody wanting to share some of their limited Time with you, specifically if it's somebody you also want to share some of your limited Time with -- I think it's pretty wonderful.

And that's it. To this day, I still value Time very much. It's also crossed over to other aspects of my life, where I often ask myself, 'Is this worth my Time?' or 'Should I spend my Time on this?'.


Now... while I have such strong values on Time, I'm starting to realize that "Time as the most expensive gift" is still a subjective answer. In the end, it still depends on the recipient and their own values on Time as a gift. For example, if somebody wanted to share their Time with somebody else, but the desire was NOT mutual, then it may NOT be perceived as a gift at all...

And then, other times, it could end up being a gift that sadly can't be received right away. Life just gets in the way sometimes...

Even though I feel this way, my overall value on Time will probably never change. I still don't think it can be argued that we all have a limited amount of Time. So...


Thank you very much for reading!!! You will probably never know just how appreciative I am for whatever Time you give to this blog space -- but know that I am appreciative! *bows* ^_^

Have a wonderful weekend and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment