Translate

Sunday 28 July 2019

BLOG -- Weekly Thoughts #6 -- Re-Watching Attack on Titan; Being "Overwhelmed" by Phone Games; Mother's 30th Year Anniversary

As I usually say in my Weekly Thoughts blogs, this may not be very interesting for you!


Re-Watching Attack on Titan
So to get myself ready for watching Season 3 of Attack on Titan (I know, I am behind), I decided to re-watch the first two seasons. It was a very interesting experience! I paid more attention to certain character interactions and had a better understanding of the world (I'm doing my best not to spoil anything here). And of course, I wanted to see Levi and Mikasa in action, hahaha. The series is also still very good and emotionally gripping, at least to me.

After all the character / story reveals that happen throughout Attack on Titan, I'd highly recommend re-watching from the very beginning! :)


Being "Overwhelmed" by Phone Games
So I think I have a slight problem. I've been playing too many phone games! This became very apparent to me when I was tapping away on my phone for pretty much the whole day yesterday. And I was hanging out with friends! We even ate out at a restaurant and I was still playing my phone games throughout the whole thing... (I am actually playing a phone game right now while I am writing up this blog...)

I think I have too many main phone games on the go. I don't particularly want to give up on any of them, but they really are taking up too much of my time. I think for myself, I can only really focus on one or two phones games and then still have some free time to do other things. Right now, I am focusing on 3.5 games, and I just started a new one. This doesn't even count SINoALICE, a game I was really planning to focus on, but got delayed 2 days before release.

I'm going to have to review all my current phone games soon and decide what to do with them.

For anybody curious, below are my current phone games:
-Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
-Food Fantasy
-Fate / Grand Order
-Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2 <-- this is my 0.5. I often set it to auto, but I do the bi-weekly events, and sometimes I try progressing through the story
-Magia Record <-- this is the new game. My upcoming end-of-month blog should explain why I started this
-One Piece: Treasure Cruise <-- I only really just log in these days, and then do massive summons when I have enough gems

Also, for anybody curious, below are the phone games I have played (to the best of my recollection), BUT have stopped / dropped for the time being:
-Neko Atsume: Kitty Collector
-Notice Me Senpai
-Pokemon GO <-- this was mainly 'cuz of space issues on my phone at the time. I might re-start this in the future
-Fire Emblem Heroes <-- I stopped this for the same reason as above
-Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp
-Shadowverse
-Mystic Messenger <-- I still have 2 story routes to go through. I do intend to play them. Just haven't had the chance to do so


Mother's (NES game) 30th Year Anniversary
Well, yesterday was the day Mother was released 30 years ago. I have yet to beat Mother... but I have always been interested in the Mother series.

When I was in high school, I decided on a whim to try out this SNES game called Earthbound (AKA Mother 2 in Japan). I thought the graphics were nice and cute, and I thought some of the enemies were funny. What really stood out to me, though, were the elements / concepts I had never seen before in another video game at that time. For example, I loved the gameplay mechanic of Ness (the main protagonist) needing to call home every now and then or he'll get homesick. As for the concepts, I can't get into them because they would be spoilers. But for me, those concepts left quite the lasting impression. I will likely blog about this in the future.

Since then, I've been "bound" to the Mother series. I don't necessarily have to experience everything Mother-related right away, but whenever I get to it, I will be very excited!

So... Happy late 30th anniversary, Mother! :)


And that's it. Thank you for reading!

Take care and until next time (which should be in about 3 days)! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment