Translate

Sunday 21 July 2019

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- My Small Words for Kyoto Animation

So I am pretty sure almost everybody has heard the news now about Kyoto Animation (KyoAni) being burned down...

I'll keep this short.


When my co-worker told me about the news Thursday morning, I was shocked and surprised. Why would an anime company get targeted? What did it ever do, except create anime series? The "whys" (which are more than what I listed) still float in my mind every now and then. Whenever they do, I get really sad.


From KyoAni's works that I've watched (which were sadly not too many), K-On! was my favourite. I loved the music, the overall cuteness, and the determination to stay together and keep working hard.


I know that nothing I do or say can ease what's been done. The best I can do is something to pay my respects to this company that created wonderful series. And I did just that today -- at least in my own way.


Today I went karaoking with a friend to help express the sadness we both were still feeling. I tried singing a song as my way of paying my respects. Unfortunately I messed up a lot of times, but I did my best.




My poor attempt at "God Knows..." from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 
(one of Kyoto Animation's works). The first part was really messed up so I cut it out. 
I'm going to keep practicing. If I record a better one I'll replace this video.
Extra thanks for my friend for providing the beatboxing!
This is audio only, no video.


KyoAni, thank you for all your hard work! The anime industry as well as fans and family will miss you dearly *bows deeply*



To you who is reading this right now: Thanks for reading!


Take care and until then! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment