Translate

Sunday 19 July 2020

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- My Birthday Fails

So my birthday came and went. Unfortunately I wasn't able to do anything to celebrate. I woke up at 6 AM -- did my morning stuffs -- started work at 9 AM and worked until 9 PM +. Only enjoyable things I did that day was playing the Nier collaboration for SINoALICE, making 14 11 pulls (and got A2!), and messaging a couple friends. Didn't even get to visit Kamurocho in Yakuza that day... u_u

While I'm thinking of my sad birthday day, I figured I'd share some other birthday fails I've experienced in my... xx years (lol -- sorry, I'm still not gonna reveal my old lady age). Then I'm gonna do whatever I want today to make up for it! I have to say, though -- I had a voice chat with friends yesterday to celebrate my birthday and that was really nice and appreciated.


Birthday Fail #1 -- 2012
I sent out an e-mail to my sister and 5 friends about my upcoming birthday outing. I sent the e-mail about 2 weeks before the outing. Everybody confirmed they could go. Then 3 days before the outing, 1 friend cancelled due to work reasons. I thought, okay, that's fine. Can't do much about that since it's work-related. Then the day after, another friend cancelled due to extracurricular practice reasons. I thought, okay, I guess that can't be helped

Then on the day of the outing, about 6 hours before the meet-up time, another friend cancels saying they thought the birthday outing was for next week. Then 4 minutes after that friend's e-mail, another friend cancels, saying some school-related reason.

In the end, my birthday outing that year was only me, my sister, and 1 friend. It was still a fun outing, but man...

If you are wondering why I didn't cancel the outing, well -- I still wanted to spend time with the ones who were still good for it, lol. I thought sending an e-mail 2 weeks in advance would be early enough. The first 2 cancellations were fine -- at least they were days before the outing. The last two cancellations were really unexpected.


Birthday Fail #2 -- 2014
This time everybody was able to make it. Unfortunately, the Sushi restaurant I chose didn't seem prepared to service this many customers (7 total). Not all of the ingredients were stocked so some items couldn't be ordered. I believe we ordered 1 item and then were discussing about going to another restaurant.

I suggested another restaurant and somebody countered it. So we kinda went back and forth with restaurant suggestions until one said that we all eat at different places and meet back afterwards. More of them seemed favourable to the suggestion so I felt like I couldn't object. Internally I was thinking, 'Does where we eat really matter? Isn't the important thing that we're spending time together?'

At this point, my memory is fuzzy with the details. I still wanted sushi, but I didn't know of any other sushi places nearby, so I went to a supermarket and bought take-out sushi. I think my sister and 1 friend was with me. As for the others, I don't recall where they ate at. We all did meet back to chat, but I think that lasted for about an hour or so.

Maybe I should have put my foot down and stuck with my restaurant suggestion. Am I allowed that, since the outing was for my birthday... ?



Thanks for reading! Sorry if this was a downer. The current cloudy, stormy weather definitely expresses my turbulent emotions as I reflect upon those birthday fails, my last few weeks / years and about what it means to get older... I don't wanna get older! Hahaha...

Anywho, take care and until next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment