Translate

Sunday 31 July 2022

BLOG -- Recap of July

July was really good in the beginning, and then got really bad and stressful. The stress is gonna pour into August.

What would you do if you got assigned work that would take about a week to do, but the deadline is due in 2 days? And then after that, you have work that would take another week to do, but the deadline is 2 days after that? And then after that, you have work that would take more than a week to do, but the deadline is 2 days after that? And there's no certainty that anybody else can help? I'm currently in this situation, and I was informed about these deadlines just this past Friday.


"Outings" / Events in July:
- I had vacation for a week and a few days. I played a lot of video games and watched a bunch of movies on Netflix as well as doing a few errands outside. It was the calm before the storm...

- I hung out with a couple friends to celebrate my birthday. We had lunch at Miku Toronto (fancy sushi restaurant) and window-shopped at a few places afterwards. Overall it was a really good day.

- Had a voice chat with my LINE friends. We talked about various things. It was really fun :)


Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn achievements / news: 
-I haven't logged in this month. orz


Exposures:
- Nothing this month. 


Finished...
Watching:
- (Movie): Color Out of Space -- I don't think I would ever watch this again, but man -- this was an experience.

- (Movie): Erin Brockovich -- It started off a bit shaky but it got really good. I'd watch it again.

- (Movie): Red Dragon -- I liked it.

- (Movie): The Negotiator -- It was decent.

- (Movie): The Hunt -- Not really that interesting.

- (Movie): Untraceable -- It went downhill fast.

- (Movie): A Knight's Tale -- It was okay.

- (Movie): Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa -- It was okay.

- (Movie): Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted -- It was ridiculous.

- (Movie): Eyes Wide Shut -- Definitely not what I was expecting from the trailer I saw many many years ago.

- (Movie): Dynasty Warriors -- This was very cheesy, but I got a decent amount of entertainment out of it since I'm a Dynasty Warriors fan.

- (Movie): Kung Fu Panda -- Very fun and entertaining.

- (Movie): Jason Bourne -- It's intriguing enough, but darn shaky cam.

- (Movie): Brightburn -- Unnecessarily gruesome, but interesting. If I had powers like that I'd do very different things.

- (Anime): God Eater -- It was a good introduction to the series. I'll be excited whenever I start playing the video games.

- (Anime): GTO - The Animation -- Some episodes were really good, but I prefer the old live-action series. Animated Onizuka's too perverted for my liking, haha.

- (TV Show): Scream -- I enjoyed the movies series more.

Playing:
- (PS4): PictoQuest -- I enjoy nonograms so this was fun. I didn't pay attention to any of the story, though.

Reading:
- Nothing this month.


Currently... 
Playing (not all at once):
- (PS4): Dark Cloud 2
- (PS4): Skyrim
- (PS4): Yakuza 5 Remastered
- (PS4): Trine 2 (co-oping this only, lol)
- (PS4): Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered
- (PS4): Moon: Remix RPG Adventure
- (PS3):
 Borderlands 2
- (PSP):
 Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
- (3DS): Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies
- (GBA): The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition   
- (Wii): Fortune Street 
- (PC): UnEpic  
- (PC): Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (When They Cry)

Watching:
- (TV Show): The Walking Dead (Season 9)
- (TV Show): Criminal Minds (Season 15)
- (TV Show): The Strain (Season 3)
- (TV Show): The Office (Season 8 - Episode 23)
- (TV Show): The Goldbergs (Season 5)
- (TV Show): Huff (Season 1 - Episode 10)
- (TV Show): Stranger Things (Season 4 - Episode 8)
- (TV Show): Alice in Borderland (Season 2)
- (Anime): Log Horizon (Season 4)
(Anime): Attack on Titan (Season 4)
- (Anime): Pyscho-Pass (Season 4?)
- (Anime): Kakegurui (Season 3?)
- (Anime): Basilisk: The Ouka Ninja Scrolls (Episode 2)
- (Anime): Gintama (Episode 13)
- (Anime): Way of the Househusband (Episode 4)
- (Anime): Violet Evergarden (Episode 6)
- (Anime): Tokyo Revengers (Season 2)
- (YouTube): 
StephenVlogs (Day 1058)

Reading:
- (Manga): One Piece by Eiichiro Oda (Volume ?? -- Chapter 1036)
- (Manga): Berserk by Kentaro Miura (Volume 2)


That's it for July. Here are a few pics / screenshots I took this month plus a couple YouTube videos.


My birthday lunch at Miku Toronto. This was also my reward for completing my New Year's Resolutions last year so I was fully intending to pay. Little did I know that my friend would sneakily pay my lunch for me! O_O

My dessert at Miku Toronto. The ice cream was fine, but the cake was sooooooooooo goood!

A birthday gift for myself.
My favourite flavour was the orange chocolate.

Another birthday gift to myself.
Such a fantastic movie. <3

A birthday gift somebody owing money sent me 
(I set up a wishlist so they could pay me back that way).
I have a Switch now! \:D/~~

A reward in Dx2 for logging in for 1400 days. That's almost 4 years.
Doing something daily for almost 4 years -- crazy!

I finally have a Hamelin character in SINO.

"Infinitely Gray"  / "Close to Gray" from Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage.
I've been trying to score decently on this song, and I got a bit hooked.
The music is catchy.

"Josh Strife Hayes reacts to Asmon & Zepla reacting 
to 'Why old MMO's Feel better'" by Josh Strife Says.
Sadly I missed this Twitch stream when it happened, but I watched it the next day. 
The Twitch stream went on for 5 hours and involved Zepla HQ and later on Callum.
After watching Josh's stream, I watched Callum's stream to get his perspective.
I might check out Zepla's stream of it in the future.
What a crazy, random experience XD
This video is about 3.5 hours so... watch in chunks if needed.

Thanks for reading!

As usual, if you have any questions / comments about anything, feel free.

Take care, stay safe, and until next time! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment