Translate

Sunday 18 November 2018

BLOG (PERSONAL) -- My Small Words For Stan Lee

This entry is a bit late, but... well... I couldn't find the right words to express myself then. Even now I am struggling to find the right words...

I am saddened by Stan Lee's passing... but in it is also this thought: "He was 95 years old... He lived a full life -- he truly lived a full life."

While growing up, I didn't really know Stan Lee all that much. I wasn't a comic book reader, although I was very fascinated with comic books. Even so, I was influenced by his creations via TV, particularly X-Men.

When the X-Men cartoon series aired on TV while I was in Elementary / Middle school, I watched as much of it as I could. I thought all the X-Men characters were interesting and couldn't understand why they and other mutants were rejected by everybody else in society. To my young mind it just didn't make sense -- the X-Men used their powers for good and still couldn't be accepted. My young heart ached for them (hahaha, yes, I'm a dork). 

I know that X-Men dealt with other issues, but I didn't really understand them until years later when I re-watched the series. I think, in some small ways (or maybe big ways), the X-Men cartoon series helped me to become a better person. I won't go into details into what... but I strongly believe this.

So... thank you, Stan Lee, for helping to create this wonderful world and characters, along with many others I would later experience!


These days, I do know who Stan Lee is: a legend in the comic book industry. Whenever I attended Fan Expo Canada and saw that Stan Lee was a guest (until his last appearance in 2016), I thought 'This man is retired but still shows up to conventions -- he's so cool! :)'


Thanks for reading!

For those living the US, Happy early Thanksgiving! :)

Take care and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment